• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Recommended Posts

Holymoly   
53 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

At the moment, it looks like numbers wise we may have a squad actually capable of playing a 55+ game season. 

etc etc

I fear that the things that will kill us this season will be lack of goals and a desperately unstable defense with DL playing in a 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueFizz   

Thinking about the Kovacic and the 'option to buy' question:

His current Real contract runs until 30.06.2021

He will be with us until, let us say, 30.06.1919

He will then, presumably, be in a position where Real would look to move him onto a longer contract - or sell on, a bit like Eden with us.

I guess, if he really likes it with us and we want to retain him, he will simply refuse to discuss or sign a longer Real contract.

This may be why we're quite sanguine about not having that assurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Thinking about the Kovacic and the 'option to buy' question:

His current Real contract runs until 30.06.2021

He will be with us until, let us say, 30.06.1919

He will then, presumably, be in a position where Real would look to move him onto a longer contract - or sell on, a bit like Eden with us.

I guess, if he really likes it with us and we want to retain him, he will simply refuse to discuss or sign a longer Real contract.

This may be why we're quite sanguine about not having that assurance.

I'm thinking that if we do indeed like each other , he'll be used as a makeweight in a deal to get Hazard to Madrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm thinking that if we do indeed like each other , he'll be used as a makeweight in a deal to get Hazard to Madrid.

Next summer, Hazard will be 28. 

Real Madrid tend to spend their big money on younger players. Both Bale and Ronaldo were 24 I think when they moved. It might happen but I thought this was the summer to be properly worried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueFizz   
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm thinking that if we do indeed like each other , he'll be used as a makeweight in a deal to get Hazard to Madrid.

That thought crossed my mind, but as others have said, Hazard will be 28 - possible a bit too old to be 'flavour of the month' anymore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Next summer, Hazard will be 28. 

Real Madrid tend to spend their big money on younger players. Both Bale and Ronaldo were 24 I think when they moved. It might happen but I thought this was the summer to be properly worried. 

 

8 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

That thought crossed my mind, but as others have said, Hazard will be 28 - possible a bit too old to be 'flavour of the month' anymore.

 

It would be great for Hazard to stay and maybe we can all get back in the Champions League and win it with him , cement his reputation forever , that's the dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueFizz   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

 

It would be great for Hazard to stay and maybe we can all get back in the Champions League and win it with him , cement his reputation forever , that's the dream.

I can get behind that!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now