• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

chara   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's relentless, I'll give him that .

Pity he wasn't more relentless when playing... a top keeper who I first backed and wanted to do well but as I watched him..to my mind... lose interest it seemed, I felt more and more insulted as I considered he was dissing the position...as a modest keeper I never ever played at any level with that lack of respect for myself and the team....a bad game or form is one thing..gets us all at times but lack of commitment is unacceptable..words on Kalou recently...he at least tried...

6 minutes ago, chara said:

Pity he wasn't more relentless when playing... a top keeper who I first backed and wanted to do well but as I watched him..to my mind... lose interest it seemed, I felt more and more insulted as I considered he was dissing the position...as a modest keeper I never ever played at any level with that lack of respect for myself and the team....a bad game or form is one thing..gets us all at times but lack of commitment is unacceptable..words on Kalou recently...he at least tried...

You are spot on as always Chara , half the time , he wasn't even bothering to dive , taking a knee as the ball whizzed past . He was great in the World Cup , because he wanted to win the World Cup . Very poor attitude, we're better off without him.

19 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Wouldn't mind that. Been limited outside of a wing back role and doesn't create enough chances despite being a winger and wing back.

He's very expendable - probably number 21 out of 21 senior outfield players, hence rumours of a departure today. But if he does stay I can see him playing 20+ games as a utility player.

34 minutes ago, CFCnet Admin said:

Bit of late news reported in the Birmingham Mail covered now on CFCnet regarding a late exit for Victor Moses: https://www.CFCnet.co.uk/victor-moses-emerges-as-late-transfer-target-for-wolves/

Good move for everyone.  Hope for his sake he plays RB, RWB

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Nice to see us heading in to a season with a full squad, potentially with too many players - very rare for us. Definitely feels like the club are pushing the home grown/youth team players with Ampadu, RLC, CHO & Tammy all in the squad still. I feel like Ampadu and CHO can make a real impact this season and the other two it feels more like a 'prove it or lose it' season.

Certainly a big squad does make it easier to play a kid, knowing that all the other players are 100% fit, so you can take him off if it doesn't work.

For Ampadu and CHO it is easy for them to play U23, U19 and U18 games to keep match fit.
For England full internationals it isn't the done thing.  So I am quite happy to see Ampadu and CHO hanging around Cobham.
From the team's point of view I am quite happy with Tammy as CF3 and RLC as AM4/5,  Not so sure it is good for them though.

2 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

He's very expendable - probably number 21 out of 21 senior outfield players, hence rumours of a departure today. But if he does stay I can see him playing 20+ games as a utility player.

Either Sarri sees Moses like Conte does, or he sees him like 95% of fans do.  Assuming the later he will be an occasional sub at most.  One of those AM swaps when you are hanging on to a goal lead and want him to play 5 yards in front of our FB.

gtiboy   
1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Courtois: "Hazard has congratulated me for signing up for Real Madrid. I'd like to play next to him someday and if he came here it would be fantastic." #CFC #RMCF

Makes you wonder if Real Madrid are using Kovacic as bait to sign Hazard next summer, using Kovacic in a player swap deal. And Hazard still needs to sign an extension to his two year contract. Could be in another situation just like Courtois next summer with a year left if he doesn't sign.

Edited by gtiboy

DannyLB   
2 minutes ago, gtiboy said:

Makes you wonder if Real Madrid are using Kovacic as bait to sign Hazard next summer, using Kovacic in a player swap deal.

Then let's hope Kovacic is a big success here because next summer Hazard is a goner regardless.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, DannyLB said:

Then let's hope Kovacic is a big success here because next summer Hazard is a goner regardless.

eh?

On what grounds? Pretty sure a lot of people said that this summer

DannyLB   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

eh?

On what grounds? Pretty sure a lot of people said that this summer

No solid ground. Just a hunch. It makes perfect sense. He's flirted with RM for some time now and next summer he would have spent 7 years at Chelsea already, possibly hitting his peak years with one more big contract opportunity in a rather short career that footballers have. His contractual situation next summer will be exactly the same as Courtois' which gives him more negotiating leverage. He will be gone and I will not fault him. He's been a model pro for us. 

2 hours ago, Sir said:

Still hugely concerned about goals. Would love an attacking goal getting winger to come in as another option, but I can’t see it. Completely gambling on Morata this season, so I guess it’s up to him now.

Same 

29 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

28 next summer - missed his big chance - if he ever wanted it.