• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

12 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Bats to Valencia, Zouma to Everton.

Really? Bats move is a very surprising and disappointing.  The one crucial area we are short in is a fox in the box goal scorer. Any injury to Giroud and we are left with Morata. 

BlueFizz   
23 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Really? Bats move is a very surprising and disappointing.  The one crucial area we are short in is a fox in the box goal scorer. Any injury to Giroud and we are left with Morata. 

On the club app. Both of them.

I guess we’re going with Morata, Giroud, Hazard (false nine), Tammy.

paulw66   
28 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Trouble is, whenever he starts a game, he looks woeful. Great off the bench, and a good finisher, but he can't hold the ball.

bert19   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Trouble is, whenever he starts a game, he looks woeful. Great off the bench, and a good finisher, but he can't hold the ball.

If he's not needed/wanted why are we loaning him though?  Why not just get some revenue in by selling him?

2 minutes ago, bert19 said:

If he's not needed/wanted why are we loaning him though?  Why not just get some revenue in by selling him?

No one is ever willing to fork out what we want for a player and/or offer Chelsea-level wages.

I'm sure we'd love to get Kalas, Piazon, Omeruo, van Ginkel, Hector and many others off the books but there's little or no chance. It feels like some of them could remain part of the loan army until they retire.

Ham   
5 hours ago, BlueWill said:

How can you heap praise on she who allowed Conte's vanity to reap havoc, whilst also ignoring Gorman's comment about the unresolved striker situation?

Gotta pray Kepa doesn't get injured because WC & RG are not EPL standard.

Not sure I've necessarily heaped praise on Marina. Credit where it's due though for the work done this summer, despite everything being done a bit late.

The striker situation has hopefully been improved by an emphasis on attacking football and having more attacking players on the pitch at any one time and only 4 at the back.

Wasn't ignoring any points in GGs post. More a comment on the fact that he's one of the most negative miserable posters on here, particularly this summer. It's been relentless and that didn't change after what many on here consider to have been a good window. 

Faramir   
18 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

An extremely underwhelming transfer window to say the least. If I had to rate it, I'd be looking at a 3 or 4 out of 10. .......

I disagree with your assessment because we have kept Hazard and Willian and Kante.

My hope now is that Sarri can get the team playing a brand of football which will bring out the 'joy of playing' within Hazard and Willian again. Because for all Conte's good qualities, he was stifling our creative players and causing them to look for 'greener pastures'.

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Seemed inevitable to me; he's not good enough IMO to be more than third choice here, but good enough to want to be playing often. I'm not one for raising up kids, but not sure I've seen Bats do anything that I wouldn't trust Abraham to be able to.

Big question for me now is whether or not Abraham stays; EFL clubs can loan until the end of the month, but would he want to make that move? Think it would be good for us to keep him, but probably a bad move for him personally.

Faramir   
5 hours ago, hatty said:

But his name is Kepa!......kepa! .......As a youngster..... what position did you think he would want to play if that is your name? Take away the 35M for the most average keeper I've seen at this club and its a 30M signing..... for someone who might actually dive or care to save a goal once in a while.

And...... his name is kepa!

phonetically: keeper......, goal 

KTBFFH!

Ahh! Kepa is the Keeper. I get it! I hope he can kepa da ball out of the net. :)