• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   
15 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Ahh! Kepa is the Keeper. I get it! I hope he can kepa da ball out of the net. :)

To the tune of Copacabana;

Got rid of Teebo, played like Mick Jagger

Replaced with Arrizabalaga (pronounced Areetha Balagga)

Just made that up ©™

Edited by Ham

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I disagree with your assessment because we have kept Hazard and Willian and Kante.

My hope now is that Sarri can get the team playing a brand of football which will bring out the 'joy of playing' within Hazard and Willian again. Because for all Conte's good qualities, he was stifling our creative players and causing them to look for 'greener pastures'.

Not until the European window has closed we haven't.

Faramir   
25 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Not until the European window has closed we haven't.

Yep. When that window closes those three players will all be wearing Chelsea blue. (Or yellow if it's an away game).

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

Yep. When that window closes those three players will all be wearing Chelsea blue. (Or yellow if it's an away game).

Well I hope you're right of course Fara, but it ain't done yet.

JaneB   
5 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Bats to Valencia, Zouma to Everton.

Another player who I thought was going to be the next best thing, and now he's off to Everton, never a good sign.

There have been so many of them over the years who promised to be something really special, just randomly, McEachran, Mancienne, Kakuta, Stoch and years ago Michael Duberry was touted as a future Chelsea captain, and then, well it never happens and I don't know why.

And why can we never produce our own goalkeepers?

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

To the tune of Copacabana;

Got rid of Teebo, played like Mick Jagger

Replaced with Arrizabalaga (pronounced Areetha Balagga)

Just made that up ©™

Yes well I think your talents may lie elsewhere.....

Faramir   
1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

Well I hope you're right of course Fara, but it ain't done yet.

Yes, I hope I'm right too.

I just get the sense that the board are trying to improve the team and that keeping your best assets is sound financial practice in this crazy market.

Paying 71m for a 23 year old keeper will end up much better than paying over 100m+ for two midfield players who cannot grace the first team. As long as that GK fulfills his potential.

And if the board will pay 71m for him in the hope that our GK position remains strong, then why would they weaken our midfield and attack by letting Kante, Hazard or Willian go? Particularly now that we cannot attempt to replace them in this window.

Yep, I feel confident that we get to keep them for now.

My hope is that Sarri's more creative approach will also result in 'results' and these three players will want to stay as the next two transfer windows come and go.

chara   
Just now, JaneB said:

Another player who I thought was going to be the next best thing, and now he's off to Everton, never a good sign.

There have been so many of them over the years who promised to be something really special, just randomly, McEachran, Mancienne, Kakuta, Stoch and years ago Michael Duberry was touted as a future Chelsea captain, and then, well it never happens and I don't know why.

And why can we never produce our own goalkeepers?

Was asking myself the same question earlier today. Maybe there has been a top keeper in situ everytime a youngster gets to the stage to be considered? On the other hand there are no Chelsea produced keepers setting the game alight elsewhere. Droy rightly pointed out Sherwood might have made it but really no likely candidates for years...by that to repeat no one hitting the headlines.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chara said:

Droy rightly pointed out Sherwood might have made it

Well Sherwood did make it I reckon.  They may have been Division4 when he joined them, but for 4 years his Watford team were above our Chelsea, a division above some of the time.
1982/83 they were 38 places above us doing a remarkable Leicester type 2nd place while we narrowly avoided relegation to Div 3.
I think at that point Sherwood must have been very grateful he had moved on.

Youth is almost always a disappointment.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first call promising.

Ham   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Yes well I think your talents may lie elsewhere.....

Ouch! 😂