• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

16 minutes ago, chara said:

Not sure if this is the right place but although I agree with most Morata views I still am ,barely, a Morata wisher. Watching all the preseason games it looked to me as if no one playing at CF or whatever it is called now got any real service ...I realise I am not as analytical as many here and some are way above me but every game looked the same up top..missing key players of course.

Who would anyone bring in who could alter the situation?...forget dream transfers and look at reality..no one really who would answer the question from where I sit...

I really wouldn't worry about that. Looking at various posts and posters, the more analytical they are, the more that analysis is full of bull!

I agree; during the pre-season games nobody who played the centre forward got any service. It'll take time (though probably not the 2 or so months Sarri has mentioned) for the players get used to the new system & style... only then can we really start castigating players for not being the demi-Gods we expect them to be!

Ham   
4 hours ago, BlueWill said:

Well I don't remember the exact detail and I've no axe to grind with you. I was incensed by what Conte got away with last year, regarding the board's indecision as criminally negligent. So even if they'd done spectacularly well I'd certainly reserve my  judgement and no I don't expect them to get everything right . 

I don't get how the striker situation is resolved by playing more attacking football. A striker putting away 1/15 is still that irrespective of how many chances we create. If others weigh in with the goals does that mean we'd resolved the striker situation? Resolved the goals situation yes, but not the striker situation. It's also safe to assume that if the striker is failing and being bailed out by the efforts of others that we are exposed to risk elsewhere on the park. Ultimately, if our main striker continues as a 1/15 we could drop him and rely on MF or a junior striker which might look a productive resolution against (say) Cardiff whereas away to Real Madrid we'd need to get lucky or have our expensive top quality striker convert the really difficult chances when our 1/15 would almost certainly be found wanting.. 

I became very negative myself last season, so maybe I didn't notice the negativity of others as being particularly bad. I am still nervous about Eden.

I didn't think you had an axe to grind with me. No problems there.

On Morata, the 1/15 or whatever it is, might have a little to do with the kind of service he's been getting. I know it's a weak defence but I'm latching onto anything in defence of Morata at this stage.

The change in shape might result in better chances. Might not of course.

I think we were all a bit more negative than normal during Conte's self destruct phase last season. 

We'll all have to agree to disagree on how good/bad a window it was but I'm feeling infinitely more positive now than I was 2 months ago. 

Edited by Ham

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

The great Baka

Funniest thing about this is that a lot of the clips come from two of the games people say he played well, namely Spuds away and Atletico away. This does not even cover the real special games like Watford. No way do Milan pay his fee. 

36 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

If we want to cream out one more title win out of this lot, 2-3 ready-made star signings next summer could do the trick. But the smart moves would probably be to look to the next 3-5 years. But at some point that time horizon needs to be cut down to the present, much like July 2014 panned out. 

Oh yes - at one sudden point you change focus from future players to NOW players and take touch decisions.  On or around July 2014, Cech dropped and Mata moved on, Matic and Costa arrived. Lukaku was loaned again, and KDB sold.  Big decision time.

42 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Edit: and you are talking about the core as more of the starting quality. I say that the others on that list can still be PL squad players.

Sure - but PL ready back ups are easy to find.  They don't require planning for unless you are a Huddersfield,  just as City don't need to plan for £50m+ superstars.
I'm not arguing that Emerson or Zappacosta need to be sold, just I doubt they are going to be amongst the 8 or 9 key players we need to have the critical mass to challenge for the PL.

22 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

The biggest problem and another reason we stuck with Morata is that the situation isn't going to change any time soon. There is a severe lack of top quality strikers, worse than I can ever remember. There's not even the ones you look at and think maybe if he has another good year he might be worth a punt. There's no one.

Quite.  And this season is non-urgent.  Best to stay with Giroud as standby, and for now, just worry about getting the right replacement.

39 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Funniest thing about this is that a lot of the clips come from two of the games people say he played well, namely Spuds away and Atletico away. This does not even cover the real special games like Watford. No way do Milan pay his fee. 

In a way those clips almost flattered him. Shocking doesn't cover it last season. Getting him a loan deal was singularly the most brilliant bit of behind the scenes manoeuvring I have ever seen. And to Milan!!!  I'd say most of the time he is league One level and sometimes possibly lower.  

13 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

In a way those clips almost flattered him. Shocking doesn't cover it last season. Getting him a loan deal was singularly the most brilliant bit of behind the scenes manoeuvring I have ever seen. And to Milan!!!  I'd say most of the time he is league One level and sometimes possibly lower.  

Yeah, we have got to hope that the slow pace of Serie A will make him look better. 

Kezza   
1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

Yeah, we have got to hope that the slow pace of Serie A will make him look better. 

Those clips doesnt seem like its about pace of the game. He essentially has the control of a child and the passing of an amateur. Not to mention the ability to jog around like there's no consequence. I'm confused why a normal youtuber can pick out his flaws whereas professional football scouts can't.

3 hours ago, Kezza said:

Those clips doesnt seem like its about pace of the game. He essentially has the control of a child and the passing of an amateur. Not to mention the ability to jog around like there's no consequence. I'm confused why a normal youtuber can pick out his flaws whereas professional football scouts can't.

Scouts, managers or the suits that bought him. I have advised my Milan mates not to expect too much.

Blue Rod   

I was a critic of Mikel in his final 2 seasons. But my god, if you offered me Mikel exactly today, instead of Bakayoko, I would take the former. That is how much I rate Bakayoko

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I was a critic of Mikel in his final 2 seasons. But my god, if you offered me Mikel exactly today, instead of Bakayoko, I would take the former. That is how much I rate Bakayoko

JOM, the most misunderstood player we ever had. Brilliant footballer. His performances in our 2012 CL run were something Bakayoko or Drinkwater could only dream of.