• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Jasonb   

I'm not a fan of Pogba either no doubt he has skill and athleticism just not sure the whole package comes together to make a good player. He reminds me of Balotelli, lots of potential though poor output. With France, Pogba had two decent defensive midfielders behind him with one being Kante and Umtiti.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I don't suppose anyone has seen Piatek play 

This do you?

paulw66   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

This do you?

I meant seeing him play live over 90 minutes rather than a 5-10 YouTube compilation. Take any player's best bits and you can make a decent short video.  

Point taken. No, never had the opportunity. Might look fro one, though. He seems good, if a little head-centric ...

3 hours ago, blue moon said:

This do you?

I am not one to draw conclusions from YT videos, however, one thing I would say about this one is that whilst a lot of goals are coming with his head (which is not a major issue for me) his finishing does look fairly good as he seems to be putting them right into the corners/sides a lot of the time, so they cannot be attributed to overly poor goalkeeping. That said, this video does not show anything on his work rate, off the ball work, hold up play or much close controll. Therefore, whether he would actually be any good or not is another matter. 

Ham   

Genuine question...  Would it be possible to put a 10 minute YT compilation together on Morata and make him look world class? 

JaneB   
17 minutes ago, Ham said:

Genuine question...  Would it be possible to put a 10 minute YT compilation together on Morata and make him look world class? 

Well anything's possible I suppose 🤔

We need a Glenn Murray who does what it says on the tin.

53 minutes ago, Ham said:

10 minutes? Blimey, you're not asking for much are you? 😉 😉 🤣

xCELERYx   
On 03/10/2018 at 6:13 PM, paulw66 said:

Linked with Krzysztof Piątek this morning in the Gazetta

Signed by Genoa this summer, has scored 12 goals in 7 games thus far. 

Mentioned him (included video) in my post on the previous page (5090)/prior to us being linked. Has been really good so far for Genoa. Will be interesting to see if he can keep this sort of form up over the course of the season. Also grabbed 4 goals in Genoa's only Coppa Italia game as well. 

xCELERYx   
On 04/10/2018 at 7:31 PM, paulw66 said:

I don't suppose anyone has seen Piatek play 

Seen a little, but nothing to really form a well rounded opinion on. From what I have seen he seems to have good size about him and movement off the ball, and looks a really good finisher around goal so far. Link play and passing lacks a little - seems more like a traditional CF type. 

Could see some being critical of him with regards to not having a huge impact in general play.