• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

If we get a transfer ban, we won't sell all those players. 

Keeping unhappy players who don't want be here isn't helpful either.

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Keeping unhappy players who don't want be here isn't helpful either.

Depends on how many.  Keeping players happy and not keeping full squads cost us enormously in 15/16 and 17/18.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

If we get a transfer ban, we won't sell all those players. 

I can't see us getting a ban - sadly UEFA rarely does anything, and they can't afford any successful appeals right now.  They are too busy trying to back down on Man City while acting tough, because they know many of their "rules" are completely illegal under EU or UK rules.  

But out of interest, does anyone know how a ban affects on loan players?  Can they return freely, or would a ban include re-registering loan players too?

I am quite concerned about CB. No longer convinced by Cahill, Christensen or Luiz. Feel that we need a proper beast to go with Rudiger in the 1st 11 and keep two of those other 3 as backup. Ampadu needs a short loan. One year max, to get him some consistent time at a high level. From there, if we have the balls to get him in early enough, he can be a very valuable long term solution.

chara   
56 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I am quite concerned about CB. No longer convinced by Cahill, Christensen or Luiz. Feel that we need a proper beast to go with Rudiger in the 1st 11 and keep two of those other 3 as backup. Ampadu needs a short loan. One year max, to get him some consistent time at a high level. From there, if we have the balls to get him in early enough, he can be a very valuable long term solution.

Have the same concerns but not sure who would be available come January or even the summer.

Ampadu..one of the very few players I think I have watched (ever)who could be part of the squad as a regular,maybe not every game, at such a young age..my main concern is echoed above as I don't feel there is enough "stability" in the players around him..I always felt that Luiz played better when JT was next to him..don't see that same support should Ampadu be on the pitch..just thoughts... but someone who lives up to his "hype".

JaneB   
39 minutes ago, chara said:

Have the same concerns but not sure who would be available come January or even the summer.

Ampadu..one of the very few players I think I have watched (ever)who could be part of the squad as a regular,maybe not every game, at such a young age..my main concern is echoed above as I don't feel there is enough "stability" in the players around him..I always felt that Luiz played better when JT was next to him..don't see that same support should Ampadu be on the pitch..just thoughts... but someone who lives up to his "hype".

Everyone played better when JT was next to them.  Cahill learnt from him, Terry and Gallas were outstanding together, and my own particular favourite, Ricardo, what a duo they made.  It was a joy to watch the experience and understanding between them. 

In fact everyone played better when JT was on the pitch and how we miss that presence.

Ampadu is so young I'm pretty sure we could send him on a two year loan at the end of the season, bring him back for a season and he would still be club trained. I do worry a bit about his gung ho way of playing with regards to injuries he has already picked up a couple.

5 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Ampadu is so young I'm pretty sure we could send him on a two year loan at the end of the season,

Might as well when you have a coach who thinks Luiz should be given a contract extension. 

bert19   
16 hours ago, JaneB said:

Everyone played better when JT was next to them.  Cahill learnt from him, Terry and Gallas were outstanding together, and my own particular favourite, Ricardo, what a duo they made.  It was a joy to watch the experience and understanding between them. 

In fact everyone played better when JT was on the pitch and how we miss that presence.

Quite.  I'd really have liked to have been able to have JT & Rudiger together.  I get the feeling they'd have been a really good pairing. 

JaneB   
45 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Quite.  I'd really have liked to have been able to have JT & Rudiger together.  I get the feeling they'd have been a really good pairing. 

We should have cloned JT and kept him forever!!!