• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Martin1905 said:

To think we spent nearly £100m on Morata and Batshyaui. 

And £75m on Bakayoko and Drinkwater.

£175m of pure garbage.

Although to be fair Bakayoko is having a blinding season for Milan, it looks like we'll get £30m for him next summer under the option to buy.

For me, sell Morata and Michy for about £80-90m combined, and use that to buy one striker. Sell Giroud and buy Wilson as backup/rotation striker, a player who fits our style of play more than Giroud does.

1 minute ago, James Prescott said:

£175m of pure garbage.

Although to be fair Bakayoko is having a blinding season for Milan, it looks like we'll get £30m for him next summer under the option to buy.

For me, sell Morata and Michy for about £80-90m combined, and use that to buy one striker. Sell Giroud and buy Wilson as backup/rotation striker, a player who fits our style of play more than Giroud does.

£80-90m for Morata and Batshyaui is pure fantasy.

If we got £50m for the pair I'd be amazed 

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

£80-90m for Morata and Batshyaui is pure fantasy.

If we got £50m for the pair I'd be amazed 

Well, Chelsea won't sell them for £25m each. Fact. And Morata is still rated in Italy especially. We'd get £40-50m for him, and about £35m for Michy.

32 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Well, Chelsea won't sell them for £25m each. Fact. And Morata is still rated in Italy especially. We'd get £40-50m for him, and about £35m for Michy.

I'd be very surprised to get those fees. To be honest, I'd keep Bats if he'd be happy to be 2nd/3rd choice, but Morata has to go for his sake and ours - it is not working out at all and it's costing us so many points now.

1 hour ago, James Prescott said:

£175m of pure garbage.

History tells us we will not sell either Morata or Michy. We will loan them out and keep paying the wages. Giroud is worth £15m. Wilson would cost us £50m.

bONes   

Great analysis with some stats from Opta:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46442319

basically we are passing a lot but the ball is moving too slow and our strikers are just not good enough.

as for the Kante discussion - I not yet convinced he is played out of position - Id like to see stats how many interceptions he made up top. He can be key to those, think of Pedro goal against Fulham. The problem is that Luiz can't defend and is completely dependent on the DM helping him with some cover.

bONes   
On 12/2/2018 at 6:09 PM, blue_everest said:

When I talked about Auba last winter I was shut down quickly here. Apparently he didn’t fit Conte’s system .

Same!

4 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Both are on much higher wages now than before, and it isn't as though either were especially successful in Italy or France pre-Chelsea.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:10 PM, James Prescott said:

And Morata is still rated in Italy especially. 

Based on what exactly, James?  He played for a top club, and in 2 seasons managed just 27 goals from 93 games. Then they let him go without without a fight (I wonder why?......:)).  If they rate him at all, then I'm afraid that they're not very bright. He's an appalling excuse for a striker, and whoever at Chelsea was responsible for signing him should lose their job.

Just now, Michael Tucker said:

and whoever at Chelsea was responsible for signing him should lose their job.

Well it was either Emenalo or Conte, and they are gone.