• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kev61   
1 hour ago, xCELERYx said:

There is no way we'll be getting £60m from selling Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill. Cahill will leave on a free, if reports are true we'll be selling Moses to Palace for around £12m. There's no way that we're going to recoup the money we spent on Drinkwater, let alone convince a side to pay more. So we're probably looking at something along the lines of £20-25m for Drinkwater on a good day. Zappacosta probably fetches a similar price to Moses if he was to also leave. This highly optimistic £60m suddenly looks more like £40-45 million give or take. There's also no chance that Reece James get a look in next season, even as a second choice fullback. 

The rest I'm not going to address because it reads too much like fantasy football and you're certainly on the highly optimistic side of things, I'll give you that.

Couldn't we just have an open day at Stamford bridge showing all the best bits from the players we want rid of on a giant screen?.

Edited by kev61

Kezza   

Of any transfer targets we will go for next window it has got to be one with prolific goal scoring. All the top teams have them except us. While we continue to toy around Isco, Pulisic, Higuain and Kovacic. Where are the goalscorers we need like Salah, Aubameyang, Aguero, KdB, Firmino, Lacazette, etc.? It's ridiculous we don't even have one such dependable player at the club. And then we passed on the opportunity to sign Aubameyang.

I don't know how prolific are the likes of Fekir and Isco but we need goals to win matches! Our most prolific player now is Hazard and that isn't very convincing in itself.

20 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Of any transfer targets we will go for next window it has got to be one with prolific goal scoring. All the top teams have them except us. While we continue to toy around Isco, Pulisic, Higuain and Kovacic. Where are the goalscorers we need like Salah, Aubameyang, Aguero, KdB, Firmino, Lacazette, etc.? It's ridiculous we don't even have one such dependable player at the club. And then we passed on the opportunity to sign Aubameyang.

I don't know how prolific are the likes of Fekir and Isco but we need goals to win matches! Our most prolific player now is Hazard and that isn't very convincing in itself.

We didn't pass on the opportunity to sign Aubameyang .

We bought Giroud enabling Arsenal to buy Aubameyang .

Which is worse.

(Nothing against Giroud , but Wenger would never have bought Auba and parted with all that money otherwise)

Jasonb   

Re Arsenal they took a gamble, £57m for a 29 year old playing in the Bundesliga. It's paid off them to date though it depends on how long he can stay fit. We've been unlucky with strikers Costa and Morata though for different reasons.

We bought the aging Giroud under a different manager to get us through the season and won a cup. Suspect we might do the same now yet if we do, let's hope we get a striker with a view to being a longer term option in the summer.

jones   
9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

There is no way we'll be getting £60m from selling Moses, Drinkwater and Cahill. Cahill will leave on a free, if reports are true we'll be selling Moses to Palace for around £12m. There's no way that we're going to recoup the money we spent on Drinkwater, let alone convince a side to pay more. So we're probably looking at something along the lines of £20-25m for Drinkwater on a good day. Zappacosta probably fetches a similar price to Moses if he was to also leave. This highly optimistic £60m suddenly looks more like £40-45 million give or take. There's also no chance that Reece James get a look in next season, even as a second choice fullback. 

The rest I'm not going to address because it reads too much like fantasy football and you're certainly on the highly optimistic side of things, I'll give you that.

Pointless discussion, but how you can get so agitated from your estimate being 10-15m off my estimate is beyond me. But it does make better sense of your negative, arrogant and miserable character. Football is supposed to be fun, but you somehow manage to turn discussions into a boring fact game where everything is dire and anyone who does not spend 20 hours a week watching Serie A is wrong and knows nothing about anything. 

Merry Christimas, mate!

• Haha 2

xCELERYx   
18 minutes ago, jones said:

Pointless discussion, but how you can get so agitated from your estimate being 10-15m off my estimate is beyond me. But it does make better sense of your negative, arrogant and miserable character. Football is supposed to be fun, but you somehow manage to turn discussions into a boring fact game where everything is dire and anyone who does not spend 20 hours a week watching Serie A is wrong and knows nothing about anything. 

Merry Christimas, mate!

I'm not the one living in fantasy land with their football manager figures and whatever trying to formulate our entire transfer budget and strategy. If you don't want your posts questioned, maybe offer something with a bit more of a realistic thought process behind it first and you'll not have the issue. You're effectively the lite version of James Prescott when it comes to transfer and player valuations - highly optimistic. Which is fine, if that's how you wish to approach it - head in the clouds style. I prefer a more realistic and accurate approach to things where finer details prevail. "Fun" comes in many forms, not just in the way your perceive it. 

Since I'm apparently so arrogant, negative and miserable, you can shove your condescending "Merry Christmas" and throw me on your ignore list while you're at it for all I care. :)

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Re Arsenal they took a gamble, £57m for a 29 year old playing in the Bundesliga. It's paid off them to date though it depends on how long he can stay fit. We've been unlucky with strikers Costa and Morata though for different reasons.

We bought the aging Giroud under a different manager to get us through the season and won a cup. Suspect we might do the same now yet if we do, let's hope we get a striker with a view to being a longer term option in the summer.

We we won a cup, this season are 4th, Arsenal are 5th and Giroud won another cup.

Sounds to me like it paid off for Chelsea and Giroud.

44 minutes ago, jones said:

Pointless discussion, but how you can get so agitated from your estimate being 10-15m off my estimate is beyond me.

QFT

Starting to look like the club are going to go ahead with a Morata/Higuain swap as so many sources are claiming it. For me, whilst not ideal, I think Higuain is the right choice for the next 6 months as he knows Sarri's system and has always scored at a rate of 1 every two games throughout his career.

After that, in the summer we will need to go out and go big on someone. For me the type of player we should be looking at would be Werner or Icardi, with outside chances for Immobile and Piatek. 

As for Morata, I think a loan to Italy, if successful, is the only way we can hope to recoup most of our money.