• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

11 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

BILD are reporting that we've agreed a deal with Dortmund to buy Pulisic for €57m (£45m) in the summer. 

Daily Mail saying he's off to Liverpool in January with Arsenal waiting to pounce should it not happen.

As per usual I'm sure it's all being stoked up by the agent . 

Kezza   
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Daily Mail saying he's off to Liverpool in January with Arsenal waiting to pounce should it not happen.

As per usual I'm sure it's all being stoked up by the agent . 

Judging by Klopp's transfers of late it will bode well to take note when he's interested in a player. 

3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I am not against Pulisic as much as some on here (he is overrated but I see the massive commercial vaule in him if he is able to step his game up a bit, which I think he can do.) However, €57m for a 20 year old who has not really proven himself with only a year left on his contract is nuts. If we were getting him in Jan it may make more sense as we are in need of AM's but a deal for Summer does not suit us at all. 

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Not nuts when u have suitors like Arsenal and Liverpool and rumoured to include Real as well. I'd say the going rate for a talent like this is rightly around £70M. If the price is right £45M for a talented 20 year old sounds about right. We paid £40M for Bakayoko and Drinkwater not too long ago. Fred of Utd went at similar amount. If he were to come in January we'd need to pay even more. Only thing is we probably won't see him and Hazard on the pitch at the same time. That would have been epic having two Hazards on the field.

If a young player has 80 appearances it means he has been well scouted by a lot of clubs.  The price will be full, but at least if other clubs have all had a look and bid similar amounts.  I'd much rather pay a full price on a player other clubs want than get what our scout thinks is a bargain for a player no one else has checked out.

The trouble with Baka and Drinkwater is that the clubs were selling other players for bigger sums after a run of success.  They had no interest in selling moderate players at all.
Buying Drinkwater at the time Leicester were resisting all kinds of offers from City for Mahrez was bad timing.  While buying Baka after Monaco had just won the French league ahead of PSG was guaranteeing a rip off.

image.png.5eadf34ae8addfd5843521d4eb64854e.png

Ham   

Might mean something. Might mean nothing......

Screenshot_20181229-124539_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kezza   
47 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If a young player has 80 appearances it means he has been well scouted by a lot of clubs.  The price will be full, but at least if other clubs have all had a look and bid similar amounts.  I'd much rather pay a full price on a player other clubs want than get what our scout thinks is a bargain for a player no one else has checked out.

The trouble with Baka and Drinkwater is that the clubs were selling other players for bigger sums after a run of success.  They had no interest in selling moderate players at all.
Buying Drinkwater at the time Leicester were resisting all kinds of offers from City for Mahrez was bad timing.  While buying Baka after Monaco had just won the French league ahead of PSG was guaranteeing a rip off.

image.png.5eadf34ae8addfd5843521d4eb64854e.png

So what is you said is contradicting. You didn't think it's right timing we signed Drinkwater and Bakayoko because of the circumstances then which tend to jack up the prices all across the board irregardless of players. And then you don't think it's right timing now because Pulisic is underscouted by other clubs (which clearly is not true) and you want to wait until more confirmation by other clubs of the player's worth instead of depending solely on our own scouts' assessment. The circumstances is probably the best now because Pulisic is a bit under the radar at the moment because of him not playing and people like yourself doubting his worth and Dortmund is willing to sell. But you want to wait until the situation turns into a Bakayoko/Drinkwater scenario where all other clubs put in bids to jack up prices the selling club resists selling. Do you think at that point we would be talking about £45M? Are you just happy to get into a bidding war with other clubs and pay much higher prices?

Edited by Kezza

13 minutes ago, Kezza said:

So what is you said is contradicting. You didn't think it's right timing we signed Drinkwater and Bakayoko because of the circumstances then which tend to jack up the prices all across the board irregardless of players. And then you don't think it's right timing now because Pulisic is underscouted by other clubs (which clearly is not true) and you want to wait until more confirmation by other clubs of the player's worth instead of depending solely on our own scouts' assessment.

Maybe I didn't make it clear - I like the signing of well scouted players even if it means paying up.  So without knowing anything myself about Pusilic it does follow the smart strategy of 2011-14 where we bought all the best talent by seeing the demand and paying more.
And I am presuming that by now there is nothing about Pulsilic which a semi-competent scout wouldn't have seen.

Far better than Drinkwater and Bakayoko, where the price was driving by a reluctance to sell rather than demand.

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

Judging by Klopp's transfers of late it will bode well to take note when he's interested in a player. 

Not that I am against the Klopp love-in (even though I am) but, seriously, the players he chose were no-brainers. He just had a lot more money to spend and far less of a bumbling transfer chief than us.

I mean, Allisson was chased by us as well, VVD everyone wanted, Shaqiri was always a good squad filler, Fabinho and Keita have flopped (these were the only 2 risky transfers)... The guy acquired 3 players that were no-brainers. 

The problem is that Chelsea do a lot of unnecessary haggling. I mean, we buy Kepa who may one day grow into the role but play hard ball with Allissons valuation, we buy Emerson instead of Sandro, Giroud instead of Dzeko, Morata instead of Lukaku, Bakayoko and Drinkwater instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain, stick with Giroud instead of taking Higuain on loan... That is a whole lot of failed transfers. A whole lot of decisions that were utter mistakes.

Now, we're arguably going to lose CHO and RLC as well because we hired a manager who has a history of being stubborn and rigid. All for Kovacic - a player who is clearly not that great and on loan! If the club wanted someone to play poor football, ignore the future players, outcast half the squad, and complain a whole lot to the media then we were much better off sticking with Conte. At least Conte was successful!

The club needs to start holding people accountable. Heads need to roll because we are well and truly stagnating as a club. We have gone from competing every year with City and United for league titles to basicallly competing with Arsenal and a hugely regressed United while still spending comparable amounts to Liverpool and City. The problem is the manager is blamed every year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

The club needs to start holding people accountable. Heads need to roll because we are well and truly stagnating as a club. 

That'd be like Turkeys voting to have Christmas once a month .

I can just imagine Marina sitting down in front of a mirror giving herself a good talking to

chelboy   

I am not really surprised I expect us to lose some good young talents while Sarri is here. CHO, Emerson RLC and Christensen,  I expect all to leave eventually under Sarri. No way  players can take such limited roles in the first team for much longer. The funny thing is we will buy there replacements for fees that probably will not be good value for money neither will they  be much better than the people we sell off. 

Its quite obvious we are not a team that buys 27yr old players for silly money anymore. I do not expect transfers like Drinkwater to happen again. I can not imagine the board having Drinkwater on the list as potential targets. Those were Conte type of transfers. We are looking at early 20’s to grow and develop. There was a reason why we signed Rudiger rather than Bonucci or why we signed Emerson rather than Sandro. The question is if this is the direction we are taking why hire a manager like Sarri? Why not go for a more flexible coach that is better with youngsters and rotation. Sarri is a good coach but I feel he is the right man at the wrong time. He would take players he has given limited time too more seriously if they were 3/4 years older. This stage needed a coach that can grow and develop players especially ones coming from the academy. Reece James and Mason Mount are also academy players we will probably end up screwing up. My biggest worry was when Sarri said CHO can not play at 18 in the PL for us. A very odd comment to make  especially considering the current state of our wingers. Even then why was his age mentioned. Seemed like he was looking for an excuse. The board really need to align a manager that fits with what we need in the current state. That is where they are getting it wrong and we will keep on losing young talent and buying unnecessary players. 

^^^^^^^^^

if Marina is prepared to allow all the young players to leave, then we might as well close the academy and buy experienced players,

But even then, it doesn't mean they will be world beaters, they will be other teams cast offs.

The best thing that can happen is a 2 year transfer ban or the next thing being talked about of only 7 players on loan.

OR BETTER STILL TELL SARRI TO ROTATE THE SQUAD AND PLAY SOME YOUNGER PLAYERS AND TRUST THEM. (Although we all know it's not gonna happen)