• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   
4 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

What's worse is we're seeming going to spend £45m on Pulisic, a 20 year old who by all accounts has stagnated over the last 12 months and currently has been pushed of the Dortmund side by Sancho. Not to mention he's hardly a reliable source of production either. 

Yes. The only way this could make sense is if Pulisic was an ideal Sarri player. I saw someone make this argument due to his extreme acceleration and fearlessness taking players on, while the "only" thing he was lacking was decision making (something that can be developed for a 20 yo). I am not too sure though, and would much rather focus on buying a more complete player (Martial, Zaha, Fekir etc) so that the development focus could be spent on CHO. This does seem like a deal where half the fee is to get an ordinary player (of Zappacosta kind) while the other half is commercially motivated (positioning Chelsea as the main club in USA). 

Hypothetical question: if our AMs going into next season is Eden, Willian, Pedro, Pulisic, CHO - can we keep all of them happy? CHO is the likeliest casualty here. And he does not seem too patient.

What a tragedy it would be if we could not hold on to him. Think it is a shame we did not manage to sell Moses before the window shut (we tried). Because I think Sarri was reluctant to play the youth over proven and senior players in the beginning in order to keep squad morale in balance, even if he considered them better. Just look at pre-season minutes between CHO and Moses, and when it started to matter Moses was suddenly preferred. If CHO had played Moses' competitive minutes this year, then he would have doubled his appearances from 6 to 12, and totaled 500 minutes. For an 18 yo at Chelsea half way into the season, that is remarkable, and possibly the difference between Bayern rumors and signing a new contract.

Same way Cahill has taken minutes from Ampadu. Sarri has constantly stated 28 players is too much, and that he wants 25. Moses, Cahill and Drinkwater are the 3 not needed, but CHO and Ampadu have been the ones taking the "cost".

Jasonb   

I looked at one of these 'recent' highlights and he looked good scoring, acceleration and assists with a number setting up strikers with several for Batshuyai. 

jones   

Wow! Pulisic signing confirmed by Dortmund for 57.6mp. Will arrive in the summer.

Edit: 

From Dortmund's official website, via Google Translate:

Borussia Dortmund has agreed with the English Premier League club FC Chelsea on a transfer of the Dortmund offensive player Christian Pulisic with immediate effect. The British in turn lend the player until the end of the current season to BVB.

Pulisics change is logically completed until the 2019/2020 season.

The transfer fee to be paid by Chelsea for Pulisic, whose BVB contract would have expired at the end of next season, is 64 million euros. A rental fee for the coming half year is not due for BVB.

"It was always Christian's dream to play in the Premier League. That certainly has to do with his American background, and as a result we were unable to extend his contract, "says BVB sporting director Michael Zorc. He emphasizes, "Against this background, we have decided to accept an extremely lucrative bid by Chelsea, given the low contract maturity."

"Christian Pulisic," Zorc continues, "is a character perfect player. I am sure that in the coming months he will do everything in his power to bring his high quality to the team and to achieve his sporting goals with his team-mates Borussia Dortmund. "

Edited by jones

Just signed one of the most promising young attacking players in the world, queue the doom and gloom..............

• Like 1

Oh, and I watch a lot of Dortmund, one of my boys has a thing for them for some strange reason so we watch most, if not all their games.

Anybody that is not very excited by his arrival has quite simply not seen very much of him or looking at his stats to form an opinion. The boy is class and has all the potential to become one of the very best around.

• Like 1

So we sign a 20 year old who's playing week in week out in the German league, but all the young talent we have here already are deemed not good enough because they're too young and are not ready.

WELL MAYBE IF THEYRE GIVEN SOME GAME TIME, NOT THE ODD 5 MINUTES HERE AND THERE THEY MIGHT BE READY, BUT WE WILL NEVER KNOW AS ALL THE MANAGERS WE HAVE HAD ARE ALL SCARED TO TRUST THEM..

ROLL ON THE TRANSFER BAN OR THE NEW LOAN SYSTEM, AT LEAST WE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PLAY THEM

• Like 1

Panda   
7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Oh, and I watch a lot of Dortmund, one of my boys has a thing for them for some strange reason so we watch most, if not all their games.

Anybody that is not very excited by his arrival has quite simply not seen very much of him or looking at his stats to form an opinion. The boy is class and has all the potential to become one of the very best around.

Same here. Mind you the way Dortmund are playing I can think of worse things to do with my time!

Pulisic is an incredible player and I think he will significantly improve our attack. I think some people are seeing Jadon Sancho's form keeping him out of the team at the moment as evidence that he's on some major decline. He really isn't. I don't think people will be disappointed when he arrives. 

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Kezza said:

Zaha would be like Shaqiri to Liverpool. There is absolutely no risk to whether he will work out.

Really? Explain please, I must be missing something. Will probably cost around £50m, and that is "no risk"? As pointed out..........

18 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

All we need do is convince Palace to let him go for £12m and we're golden .

Yes, at £12m I would take Zaha all day long. I would also sleep with Margot Robbie if she asked nicely and it wasn't during a Chelsea game. 

9 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I forgot how ridiculous our loan list is. Todd Kane, 25, 8 loans. Omeruo, 25, 6th loan. Why did Tomas Kalas sign a 5 year contract with us in 2017 during his 6th loan spell at Fulham. People complain about stockpiling talent but we're not holding a gun to these players heads either

Well quite........ they are happy to get a good grounding / education at Chelsea, sign a contract to guarantee good earnings for a few seasons, whilst playing regular football in the Championship. It would be very brave to turn it down and sign for a club in the Championship full time.........look what happened to Sunderland for example. 

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

apparently B. Munich want CHO. Reports are that So far they have offered 20m but Chelsea are holding out for £40m (probably settle for 30m and that would be an absolute bargain ). 

His contracts up in 2020 so who can blame him for wanting out. Strange how other big clubs can see the talent and our club can't (although we  think he's worth 40m so we must see something in him, it's just we never play him??).    

1. There is a new deal for him on the table which he wont sign. 

2. Presumably this means the club want to keep him, hence the offer.

3. If he doesn't sign it, the club run the risk of him leaving for free in 2020, so I guess they are doing the sensible thing and trying to get as big a fee as possible for him.

4. If he is unhappy at his game time, then he needs to wind his neck in. Only just turned 18 and has made 10 appearances. How many 18 year olds have played that often for any big side in Europe at that age? I could understand the argument if he was 20/21 but if he expects to walk into the first team, he needs to have a long hard look. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

1. There is a new deal for him on the table which he wont sign. 

2. Presumably this means the club want to keep him, hence the offer.

3. If he doesn't sign it, the club run the risk of him leaving for free in 2020, so I guess they are doing the sensible thing and trying to get as big a fee as possible for him.

4. If he is unhappy at his game time, then he needs to wind his neck in. Only just turned 18 and has made 10 appearances. How many 18 year olds have played that often for any big side in Europe at that age? I could understand the argument if he was 20/21 but if he expects to walk into the first team, he needs to have a long hard look. 

I'm glad someone thinks the same as me, I thought I was the only one .

paulw66   
37 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Just signed one of the most promising young attacking players in the world, queue the doom and gloom..............

There will be doom and gloom, largely by people saying we should play CHO. 

If we take a second to be sensible, by the start of next season, Hazard could be gone, Pedro will be 32 and Willian be 31. 

There is more than enough room for Pulisic and CHO (if he is willing to sign a new deal) 

Imagine if Hazard and CHO sign new deals, the club let one of Willian or Pedro go, then we will have 4 wingers, 2 young and 2 experienced. Perfect combo.