• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

36 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Benzema is supremely underrated. He would improve us drastically. 

Benzema utterly Toxic. . .  you are aware of why he will never be picked for France again ? add Blackmail to his name and google it

xCELERYx   
11 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I think the financial aspect of this deal is being overlooked on here by too many people. From all reports I have seen Cesc is going to get a 2.5 year contract on £175,000 and a £9m signing on bonus. That is £31.5m tax free for 2.5 years to play in Monaco. In addition, his leaving saves us close to £5m in wages and will also net us another £5-10m fee depending on what you read. From all perspectives, Chelsea's and Cesc's, this is a deal that would be insane to turn down. 

That said, for me from a sporting prespective, he is an amazing player to have as CM4 and will be missed massively.

While I don't disagree that the financial side plays a part, I think in this particular situation with Fabregas that it's not really the deciding factor. With the way Cesc has been ousted from the PL team and assigned a fringe role - on top of his contract being up end of season, I don't believe he would have stayed beyond this season anyway. At best, he'd have remained until the completion of the season and then left on a free once his contract was up. As it has panned out with Henry going to Monaco, they've had enough interest and wanted him sooner. Effectively cutting ahead of AC Milan who were reliant on him joining on a free due to FFP. 

In the end a deal now made sense for both club and player. Which is where, for me at least, the financial aspect plays its biggest part. Chelsea recoup a fee on a player not in the managers plans and with an expiring contract that likely had no future at the club beyond this season. While most importantly Fabregas gets to leave sooner and get back to playing more regularly, which is his ultimate want - the financial reward aspect is icing on the cake for him. 

The biggest question that comes from all this will be if Sarri has made the right call or not with regards to the manner in he's handled Fabregas' playing time this season? For Cesc to have only played 176 minutes thus far in the PL, and with a midfield that's been devoid of creativity throughout the season, there's a reasonable case to be made to suggest he should have played a bigger role. We've now lost that option should we need it at any point going forward, something that isn't ideal imo. 

Edited by xCELERYx

Kezza   
2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Surely we can find someone who is more hungry and has not used up most if not all of his gas in his career at a club that has won everything in football. 

6 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Exactly the type of player we need in terms of quality and intelligence. Utterly gifted footballer. 

His age is obviously an issue, and he definitely wont be any more than a stop gap signing, but really he still is a fine footballer.

22 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

His age is obviously an issue, and he definitely wont be any more than a stop gap signing, but really he still is a fine footballer.

You bet that it is. Turned 31 back in December, and he isn't getting any younger. Was a a pretty decent footballer/striker in his time, no doubt, but he isn't going to sign-on for a season, is he? Goes against the club view on these things. Sorry, but i just don't see it.

paulw66   

So Cesc move wont go through unless / until we find a replacement. Seems sensible

If we don't get one, he moves in the summer. 

xCELERYx   
15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

So Cesc move wont go through unless / until we find a replacement. Seems sensible

Would be **** on the club forcing him to stay when he's clearly not in Sarri's plans as it is. 

We should be doing the right thing as we've done with other players. Let him go so he can play again, something he isn't doing here and ultimately why he wants to go. 

If Sarri is so worried about getting a backup in first, he should have utilised Fabregas far more than he has done. 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No - you are reading Sarri the wrong way around. 

Let me Google Translate that for you
image.thumb.png.fe48fbd66c1fb1d061b0358c5826566e.png

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Would be **** on the club forcing him to stay when he's clearly not in Sarri's plans as it is. 

We should be doing the right thing as we've done with other players. Let him go so he can play again, something he isn't doing here and ultimately why he wants to go. 

If Sarri is so worried about getting a backup in first, he should have utilised Fabregas far more than he has done. 

Our first priority is the club, not individuals. 

Players are happy to sign contracts on big money - the club is entitled to ask them to honour that contract.