• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

These midfielder reports look to be solid. Still worried about where we're going to get a striker in though, that needs to happen ASAP but I understand it's very difficult to bring in top quality at this time. 

paulw66   

A blind can see we need a cf. We have good or excellent players in every other position 

paulw66   
3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

And there was me thinking when Kante was on the pitch under the previous regime was like having two players. Whereas now he’s like a lost soul in favour of a one paced predictable teachers pet  

When the club buys players out of the managers hands, people complain. When the club buy a player the manager wants , he's teacher's pet.

What do you want the club to do?

hag831   

If we kept cho until his contract run out and gave him game time and try to convince him to stay, would the tribunal system not work in our favour if he then decided to go. His development costs as a youth player and the fact bayern have bid 35 million for him already

9 minutes ago, hag831 said:

If we kept cho until his contract run out and gave him game time and try to convince him to stay, would the tribunal system not work in our favour if he then decided to go. His development costs as a youth player and the fact bayern have bid 35 million for him already

I think that the tribunal is only for moves between English clubs, so we would get nothing for him if he went to Bayern

hag831   

Ok. Cheers thought it could of maybe bought us a bit of time. Really hope he doesn't go. Thinking what's the point of our academy. Ake, solanke, chalobah, bertrand, Tammy, ?Hudson odoi?

Just now, hag831 said:

Ok. Cheers thought it could of maybe bought us a bit of time. Really hope he doesn't go. Thinking what's the point of our academy. Ake, solanke, chalobah, bertrand, Tammy, ?Hudson odoi?

I don't think the point was ever for Ake, Solanke, Chalobah or Bertrand.  It might be for Tammy or Hudson-Odoi - too early to tell.
The point was always a first team regular.

It has been a very expensive venture, made to look silly by the series of young but experienced (50 appearances +) players after 2011.  Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Mata, Azpi, Rudiger, Matic, the list is very long, and includes Zouma, KdB, Lukaku and Salah.  Only about 1 in 5 have not turned out to be a success or at least a profit.

28 minutes ago, hag831 said:

I do not think it count if they go aboard.

Leo91   

Marca saying Higuain has agreed to come on loan.

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Marca saying Higuain has agreed to come on loan.

Marca says lots of things - most of which turn out to be a load of bollocks when it involves player moves to English clubs. He may sign, of course, but I wouldn't bet on it just because Marca says so.