• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

15 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Wilson is not the answer. I doubt that anyone thinks he is.

The board obviously thinks he's the answer to something if they're prepared to pay £50m for him as reports suggest. 

19 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Wilson is not the answer. I doubt that anyone thinks he is.

He's an answer to losing home grown players. 

Unfortunately, Barkley is an answer to the same question. 

15 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Well, for one he has actually played consistently in the Prem for a pretty decent side. So, yeah I would say so. 

Credit to Tammy as he is doing well but really he still has some way to go before he can be relied upon at a club of our stature. 

So not worth giving him a shot like we are with CHO and Ampadu then?

ripz   

If we were going to give Bournemouth a load of money it'd be better spent buying David Brooks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ripz said:

If we were going to give Bournemouth a load of money it'd be better spent buying David Brooks.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Bridge Soldier said:

The board obviously thinks he's the answer to something if they're prepared to pay £50m for him as reports suggest

Reports are often correct where a deal is ready to be announced in the next 48 hours.  Any thing longer and it is unlikely to have been a real rumour.
The Callum Wilson story is long beyond its sell by data.

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

So not worth giving him a shot like we are with CHO and Ampadu then?

But we’re not talking about giving Tammy a shot though, are we? 

We are basically talking about resting the fate of a season on his shoulders. 

I’m all for rotating these youngsters into games as long as they are viable options. Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek have earned their right to feature - Hudson-Odoi definitely. We know that Willian and Pedro are/were: 1) injured and 2) inconsistent through track-record. 

And if Tammy had been here, gotten some minutes and done well, then yeah maybe an argument could be made for him to start a few games - like the Carling Cup games and FA Cup fourth round.. but that’s not what we’re talking about here... we’re talking about depending on Tammy like we did with Diego Costa or Didier Drogba recently.. Is that really what we want to do at a club like Chelsea?

I would prefer if we have a first choice striker and Tammy as back-up next season. But that’s going to take a shift in the attitude of these youngsters. That’s going to entail them sitting on the bench sometimes like Marcus Rashford did and work their way into the team. 

It seems that that’s a concept a bit lost on some of our youngsters IMO. 

1 hour ago, ripz said:

Indeed!