• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

JaneB   
1 hour ago, ripz said:

If we were going to give Bournemouth a load of money it'd be better spent buying David Brooks.

........or Eddie Howe????? 😏

3 minutes ago, JaneB said:

........or Eddie Howe????? 😏

Ah! The left-field lady strikes! I'm not sure about Eddie for our hot seat. Only not sure mind, not dead set against.

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Brooks too young for you?

Maybe Howe and Brooks.

Ha ha!! You know what I mean 🙄

I'm losing heart 💙😔

Now I read AM are interested in Morata.  Do they have anyone we might be interested in ?

And I don't mean Torres.  We do have a No 9 shirt free.

And out of interest any news on van Ginkel and his ACL?  Would he be the mysterious midfielder we are to get in?

xCELERYx   

Atletico Madrid look to be making a push for Morata on a permanent deal. Apparently representatives from both clubs have had discussions, with Morata interested in the move. 

If this happens, our last three strikers will have all been sold to Atletico. 

jones   

To be fair, Morata+Griezmann in 4-4-2 is the ideal way to get the best of Morata. Think there is a great player there, but he cannot handle the pressure of being the main striker, and he has lost all the refs in the PL. Seems like a good deal for all involved if you ask me. Let’s see if we can get Atletico to pay.

xCELERYx   
16 minutes ago, jones said:

To be fair, Morata+Griezmann in 4-4-2 is the ideal way to get the best of Morata. Think there is a great player there, but he cannot handle the pressure of being the main striker, and he has lost all the refs in the PL. Seems like a good deal for all involved if you ask me. Let’s see if we can get Atletico to pay.

He does suit playing as a second striker more than leading the line on his own, as does Griezmann. I can see their similar styles possibly clashing though because they'll want to occupy similar spaces on the pitch. Similar would happen at Juve when Morata would partner Tevez at times - and Tevez is more of a regular striker than Griezmann. 

Somewhat surprised Atletico would be interested, he doesn't really strike me as a Simeone type of player.

xCELERYx   

Emerson's argent has spoken about some interest from Inter Milan although doesn't look like Emerson will leave for the moment.

"Italy international Emerson Palmieri and his agent hinted at an approach from Inter. “I don’t think he’ll leave Chelsea.”

The 24-year-old moved from Roma to Stamford Bridge for €20m a year ago, but has struggled for playing time.

Amid reports of interest from the Nerazzurri, FCInterNews.it contacted his agent Fernando Garcia.

“I think all the top European clubs would like to have a player like Emerson Palmieri in their squad. There has been some interest, although nothing formal, so there is nothing to report now.

“I cannot talk about the clubs who approached us. I don’t think he’ll leave Chelsea now.”

Ham   

Rumour is that Munich have only offered £15m up front with £20m in add ons whilst publicly making a big noise about offering £35m because they want him sooooo much. 

In the circumstances I think that's a very easy decision for the club.