• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

19 minutes ago, Ham said:

Rumour is that Munich have only offered £15m up front with £20m in add ons whilst publicly making a big noise about offering £35m because they want him sooooo much. 

In the circumstances I think that's a very easy decision for the club. 

That sounds like "the exclusive reason why CHO is not going to BM" (without actually contradicting every other story told so far).

Kezza   
43 minutes ago, Ham said:

Rumour is that Munich have only offered £15m up front with £20m in add ons whilst publicly making a big noise about offering £35m because they want him sooooo much. 

In the circumstances I think that's a very easy decision for the club. 

Will CHO calm down though? I think the club's stance is pretty clear. What about CHO?

I'll stick my neck out and say Wilson is a very good option for us...I like him. And It would be nice for a change  to have a striker not permanently getting melancholy about Madrid. I doubt Callum will be looking wistfully over his shoulder at Bournemouth pier as he heads for the Kings Road. 

57 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'll stick my neck out and say Wilson is a very good option for us...I like him. And It would be nice for a change  to have a striker not permanently getting melancholy about Madrid. I doubt Callum will be looking wistfully over his shoulder at Bournemouth pier as he heads for the Kings Road. 

Sorry, but I don't get it. Wilson has done both his right and left anterior cruciate ligaments during the past couple of seasons, and has missed quite a bit of football, as a result. 'Fragile' seems to be the most appropriate word, and he's about to hit 28. Not for me..........:).

xCELERYx   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry, but I don't get it. Wilson has done both his right and left anterior cruciate ligaments during the past couple of seasons, and has missed quite a bit of football, as a result. 'Fragile' seems to be the most appropriate word, and he's about to hit 28. Not for me..........:).

Wouldn't shock me if a move for Wilson is centred more around his HG status. We'll likely be losing quite a few HG status players going into next season and they're going to need replacing. Wilson could be seen as a solid option that would be usable. He'd be an upgrade on what we have currently in his position, so would play out the season as first choice if signed. Then he'd fit into a solid second choice option for next season if we intend to spend further in the summer on someone more prominent, while being more PL proven than Tammy - who could possibly enjoy another PL loan next season. 

While I have nothing against Wilson personally and think he's a tidy player in his own regard. He certainly isn't worth the money being thrown around. Can't envision the club genuinely looking at him to be our first choice solution, so there has to be some other angle.

Ham   
7 hours ago, Kezza said:

Will CHO calm down though? I think the club's stance is pretty clear. What about CHO?

At this point I really couldn't care less what CHO wants.  He stays until the summer (at least). 

paulw66   
7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Very good? Since joining, Morata has outscored Wilson, and is labelled as rubbish.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

agree with the sentiment, but you have aged him a year. 

3 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Wouldn't shock me if a move for Wilson is centred more around his HG status. We'll likely be losing quite a few HG status players going into next season and they're going to need replacing. Wilson could be seen as a solid option that would be usable. He'd be an upgrade on what we have currently in his position, so would play out the season as first choice if signed. Then he'd fit into a solid second choice option for next season if we intend to spend further in the summer on someone more prominent, while being more PL proven than Tammy - who could possibly enjoy another PL loan next season. 

While I have nothing against Wilson personally and think he's a tidy player in his own regard. He certainly isn't worth the money being thrown around. Can't envision the club genuinely looking at him to be our first choice solution, so there has to be some other angle.

Would he? Or has he just had one purple patch? For the reported £50m, surely we would be better off keeping the dosh and putting towards a proper CF in the summer. 

bert19   
9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

He does suit playing as a second striker more than leading the line on his own, as does Griezmann. I can see their similar styles possibly clashing though because they'll want to occupy similar spaces on the pitch. Similar would happen at Juve when Morata would partner Tevez at times - and Tevez is more of a regular striker than Griezmann. 

Somewhat surprised Atletico would be interested, he doesn't really strike me as a Simeone type of player.

After watching him for the last year, he doesn't strike me as a player for any elite club.  There's just always some excuse with him.  The body language on the pitch of late has been nothing short of shocking.  I fully believe in putting an arm around players and trying to support them, but he went way beyond that ages ago.  the coaching staff must just absolutely fume at him now. 

I wouldn't mind us pushing for a player like Piatek or Belotti to be honest.  We don't seem to do well going after these big name strikers, so maybe our best bet is to sign someone who can become a star at Chelsea in the manner of Drogba, Essien etc ? 

xCELERYx   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Would he? Or has he just had one purple patch? For the reported £50m, surely we would be better off keeping the dosh and putting towards a proper CF in the summer. 

I mean it doesn't take much to improve on what we have, the bar is pretty low. So it's not unreasonable to think Wilson would offer more than what we're currently getting from Morata or Giroud. 

I do agree that we should hold off until the summer and fix the problem properly instead of spending now on lesser quality product. I'd rather just recall Batshuayi or Tammy and ride it out with one/both of those. Otherwise a loan is the next best thing, although any loan has to be just that. A simple no with no strings attached to purchase later. Also, not Higuain. 

bert19   
13 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

I mean it doesn't take much to improve on what we have, the bar is pretty low. So it's not unreasonable to think Wilson would offer more than what we're currently getting from Morata or Giroud. 

I do agree that we should hold off until the summer and fix the problem properly instead of spending now on lesser quality product. I'd rather just recall Batshuayi or Tammy and ride it out with one/both of those. Otherwise a loan is the next best thing, although any loan has to be just that. A simple no with no strings attached to purchase later. Also, not Higuain. 

I'd agree with you on all of the above. (unless there is a genuine, longer term option available now)  Bringing Bats or Tammy back so that we at least have a penalty box type of player could be very useful.  

I'm also confused as to why it's now a club policyto only have two strikers at any one time?  Surely that's just limiting ourselves for no real reason?

Edited by bert19