• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
22 minutes ago, bert19 said:

After watching him for the last year, he doesn't strike me as a player for any elite club.  There's just always some excuse with him.  The body language on the pitch of late has been nothing short of shocking.  I fully believe in putting an arm around players and trying to support them, but he went way beyond that ages ago.  the coaching staff must just absolutely fume at him now. 

I wouldn't mind us pushing for a player like Piatek or Belotti to be honest.  We don't seem to do well going after these big name strikers, so maybe our best bet is to sign someone who can become a star at Chelsea in the manner of Drogba, Essien etc ? 

You hit the nail on the head. I said as much from the very moment we looked likely to sign him. He was a terrible target from the onset destined to fail. 

I'd be happy with both. I was a big advocate for Belotti when we were looking for a Costa replacement initially. Playing for a bang average and offensively challenged Torino side probably doesn't help his cause. Has done well so far this season, although not at the level he was a few seasons back when he first generated hype. Would like to see him surrounded by better players because he has virtually everything you want in a good goalscoring CF. 

Piatek I also like. Has been excellent this season for Genoa and I can't see him being there next season. Has a few limitations in terms of link play and foot speed, but he'd be worth the punt if he keeps up his performances. Certainly appears to know where the goal is. 

xCELERYx   
1 minute ago, bert19 said:

I'd agree with you on all of the above.  Bringing Bats or Tammy back so that we at least have a penalty box type of player could be very useful.  

I'm also confused as to why it's now a club policyto only have two strikers at any one time?  Surely that's just limiting ourselves for no real reason?

Batshuayi is probably the most likely to return it appears. With Valencia reportedly interested in sending Michy back to us. With Tammy turning down a move to Wolves, he'll probably stick it out with Villa.  

Too difficult to keep three strikers happy I suppose in a single striker system. 

5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Wouldn't shock me if a move for Wilson is centred more around his HG status. We'll likely be losing quite a few HG status players going into next season and they're going to need replacing. Wilson could be seen as a solid option that would be usable. He'd be an upgrade on what we have currently in his position, so would play out the season as first choice if signed. Then he'd fit into a solid second choice option for next season if we intend to spend further in the summer on someone more prominent, while being more PL proven than Tammy - who could possibly enjoy another PL loan next season. 

While I have nothing against Wilson personally and think he's a tidy player in his own regard. He certainly isn't worth the money being thrown around. Can't envision the club genuinely looking at him to be our first choice solution, so there has to be some other angle.

But he clearly might not be such a "solid" option given the recent injury record that Michael commented on?

xCELERYx   
15 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

But he clearly might not be such a "solid" option given the recent injury record that Michael commented on?

Two cruciate ligament injuries isn't great, but to be their they're his only injuries according to Transfermarkt -  and he returned from his last one in Oct 2017. He doesn't look hampered be either one, so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable about them too much personally.

He's no Jonathan Woodgate put it that way. 

paulw66   

Injuries or not, I can't believe anyone is considering Callum Wilson at £50m a sensible thing to do. Have we not learnt from Drinkwater? 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Injuries or not, I can't believe anyone is considering Callum Wilson at £50m a sensible thing to do. Have we not learnt from Drinkwater? 

Yes, I agree Paul. The idea doesn't inspire me either. 

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Drinkwater has never been given a decent chance. From my limited knowledge I thought he was a decent player when he came to us. I feel really sorry for him. It must be humiliating not even being on the bench.

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

agree, if you pay 50 for him then how much will we get screwed for when we want to buy a proven player. Prem market is crazy and people ask why teams buy abroad.

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Drinkwater has never been given a decent chance. From my limited knowledge I thought he was a decent player when he came to us. I feel really sorry for him. It must be humiliating not even being on the bench.

league winner to second choice sub. Thats what happens when the club and not manager is behind the buys. 50m for wilson and if sarri doesnt like him he is too expensive to ship out except for a loan where he still costs us

paulw66   

Serious question.... If Wilson had played 20 games for Aston villa this season, do you think he would have ,

A) scored more than 16 goals

B) scored less

C) scored about the same