• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I don't think there is any chance of us paying £50m for Callum Wilson. I don't doubt we had an interest in him but if that is what Bournemouth value him at then there is no way it is going to happen.

For a more realistic fee he would have been worth a punt and that was probably the club's thinking but it's never going to happen at the reported figure.

paulw66   
13 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Drinkwater has never been given a decent chance. From my limited knowledge I thought he was a decent player when he came to us. I feel really sorry for him. It must be humiliating not even being on the bench.

Because he isn't up to it. For £10m he would have been worth a punt as a squad player but £35m for just bonkers.

The same for Wilson. A punt at £15m would be fine. 

The club must understand how likely the transfer ban is, which I would assume is set from season 19/20. If they fear its a real risk we need to buy more than stop gap players now, regardless of cost

xCELERYx   
18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Injuries or not, I can't believe anyone is considering Callum Wilson at £50m a sensible thing to do. Have we not learnt from Drinkwater? 

Not saying we should sign him. My preference is still to hold out until the summer and invest that £50m into a more proven player. As I mentioned earlier, it wouldn't shock me if there is some other motive behind our apparent interest (HG factor) in him. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Serious question.... If Wilson had played 20 games for Aston villa this season, do you think he would have ,

A) scored more than 16 goals

B) scored less

C) scored about the same

And a very shrewd and pertinent question that man.

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Serious question.... If Wilson had played 20 games for Aston villa this season, do you think he would have ,

A) scored more than 16 goals

B) scored less

C) scored about the same

Less, almost certainly.

Tammy has 39 goals in 61 championship apperances. It's a phenomenal record.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Less, almost certainly.

Tammy has 39 goals in 61 championship apperances. It's a phenomenal record.

For not very brilliant teams either. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

For not very brilliant teams either. 

Quite right.

I think we should give him a proper go next season and when I say a proper go I mean play him week in, week out from the very beginning of the season.

There's a serious shortage of top quality strikers, the very best Lewandoski, Suarez, Aguero etc are all at top clubs and over 30, the next best like Icardi, Immobile, Kane, Werner etc are all going to probably end up replacing those or Costa fortune.

There's very few players out there we could realistically sign. I'd like to see us get Higuain for the rest of the season, if that is even possible, and then go all in on Tammy next year. I just don't see any alternative, unless we spend an absolute fortune, which I can't see happening.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Quite right.

I think we should give him a proper go next season and when I say a proper go I mean play him week in, week out from the very beginning of the season.

Can you imagine Tammy and CHO in the same side for a good go ? It'd be brilliant I think .

The counter question is of course if we didn't own Tammy would people be suggesting we sign him as our first choice striker and that he should start every game for a season to see how he gets on. Let's be honest even if he was available on a free people would be suggesting we sign him as second choice, or to sign him and loan him out to a Prem team for a season. If he was our only striker signing and we shipped out Morata out on loan people would be up in arms that we had signed some kid form the Championship and were relying on him.

I get that its a bit different because we DO own him, and that maybe he can't be any worse than Morata, and that signing a world class striker would block his progression here. However, some perspective is needed. It would be a massive, massive gamble which would potentially see us out of Europe again.