• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sir   

Anyone remember when we were linked to Higuain when he was at River? Wonder how many goals he would of got for us assuming he did sign back then...

Ham   

Must be BS unless the last time they saw him play was the Chelsea v Barca tie last season. 

Screenshot_20190110-195651_Daily Mail Online.jpg

6 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Barcelona really are a bizzare bunch these days. 

I mean Coutinho, Malcolm, Dembele, Willian?! Talk about burning through cash...

Don’t forget Hasselbaink. 

Willian would flourish in La Liga. Fits his style perfectly. 

1 minute ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Sky reporting it now too. 

Bite. Hand. Off.

With 18 months left on his contract, I wouldn't say no to selling him if the the club felt the offer was acceptable. The problem, however, is that we can't rely on Hazard and Pedro as our sole 'senior' attacking midfielders with just CHO, RLC and (until he leaves) Moses as back ups! So we would need to replace Willian immediately, and that could be seen by CHO as further proof that his future lies elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So not a 3 year contract, not even a 1 year contract, you want a 6 month option on a 31 year old..  

I know that is in line with club policy, but I suspect both Hiquain and his Juve/Milan owners might want more.
Juve replaced him with Ronaldo, but they did pay Sarri's Napoli  EUR 90m for him back in 2016.

His ownership is complicated too.  From Wiki:

On 2 August 2018, Higuaín was signed by Milan on a season-long loan deal.[72] As per the official statement of Juventus, Milan would pay a loan fee of €18 million to Juventus in the 2018–19 season; also Milan would have the option to outright buy Higuaín the following season for €36 million, payable in two installments.[73]

That could take some sorting out unless Juve show a lot of good will in transferring the Milan option rights to us (and I don't see why they need to do that unless they get an extra fee too).

Not really aware of how well he is doing at Milan.  But it strikes me that if he is doing badly, Milan will just want half of their loan fee, and Juve really won't care what happens next.
But if he is doing well, both will expecting a nice earner out of this and it could be very tricky.

No ,I don't want or expect us to loan him for six months, I'd have signed him in the summer and I would sign him literally tomorrow,  but what is being widely reported is that we are looking at a short term loan with an option/obligation to buy him in the summer.

I can't see the sense in a six month loan with an obligation to buy as we might aswell just sign him permanently now. If there was any chance of a short term deal with an option to buy then it would make a lot of sense but highly unlikely.

We need a striker, desperately. He's far better than what we already have. He's probably the best we could realistically sign and I don't think it would have any negative effect on Tammy. Quite the opposite in fact. If he was to be second choice next season behind Higuain he would see a fair amount of game time. I also think it would benefit his development massively, being able to work with him and obviously Zola. He can only improve training with those two every day.

There will be a lot of people saying we should go nowhere near him claiming things like he's too old, too fat, has fitness issues, his overall game isn't good enough but one thing that is without question is you don't score nearly 300 goals in less than 600 games and spend the best part of 10 years playing for Madrid and Juventus if your not a quality, quality footballer.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

We can play Malcolm in the middle.

Excellent, that man!

JaneB   

Is there still hope for me? 🇪🇸 🤔