• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

17 hours ago, bert19 said:

I'm also confused as to why it's now a club policyto only have two strikers at any one time?  Surely that's just limiting ourselves for no real reason?

Don't be confused Bert. The reason is quite obvious if you think about it. Chelsea always need a huge bank of midfielders some of whom will never see the light of day but it's nice to know we have them around if only to make the tea. Who needs the choice of a third striker when we have players like Drinkwater as back up. 

Two sugars please Danny. 

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Can you imagine Tammy and CHO in the same side for a good go ? It'd be brilliant I think .

I live in hope that one day in the not too distant future, I will see a Chelsea side in a PL game containing academy products Christenson, Ampedu, RLC, CHO and Tammy A. It would be something to be very proud of.

xCELERYx   
5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I live in hope that one day in the not too distant future, I will see a Chelsea side in a PL game containing academy products Christenson, Ampedu, RLC, CHO and Tammy A. It would be something to be very proud of.

That would be some sight. 

You've probably got better odds on making a PL appearance yourself though Nobly. 

paulw66   
5 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Don't be confused Bert. The reason is quite obvious if you think about it. Chelsea always need a huge bank of midfielders some of whom will never see the light of day but it's nice to know we have them around if only to make the tea. Who needs the choice of a third striker when we have players like Drinkwater as back up. 

Two sugars please Danny. 

When you only play with 1 striker, it is very difficult to keep 3 happy. 

City have 2; Aguero, Jesus

United have 2; Lukaku, Rashfird

Spurs have Kane and Llorente (who never plays)

Liverpool have Firmino and Sturridge/Origi (both of whom they are looking to move on)

Arsenal have 2; Aubamayang and Lacazaette

We're no different to anyone else in that respect in terms of numbers. It is the quality that is the issue

kratos   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Liverpool have Firmino and Sturridge/Origi (both of whom they are looking to move on)

We're no different to anyone else in that respect in terms of numbers. It is the quality that is the issue

Right on the nose and their strikers score way more than ours.

Should have really pushed hard for a striker last summer but in typical Chelsea style we waited too long to appoint Sarri in order to weasel out giving Conte his compensation.

Edited by kratos

Kezza   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Rightly so. Each of the team you listed has at least a striker that scores regularly. But also some players who can play as a striker when required. Salah, Sanchez in particular.

paulw66   
15 minutes ago, kratos said:

Right on the nose and their strikers score way more than ours.

Should have really pushed hard for a striker last summer but in typical Chelsea style we waited too long to appoint Sarri in order to weasel out giving Conte his compensation.

That's the issue. Quality over quantity.

7 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Rightly so. Each of the team you listed has at least a striker that scores regularly. But also some players who can play as a striker when required. Salah, Sanchez in particular.

Or Hazard?

It doesn't matter if you have 3,4 or 10 strikers, none of whom are much good. It is much better to have one phenomenal one, and then someone else who can fill in. 

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I would imagine it's also hard keeping three goalkeepers happy but we still have three for only one position. I also imagine some of our spare midfielders are not that happy at barely seeing the light of day but that's life, and tbh it's tough. Chelsea are a team playing in 4 comps and desperately need top 4 position, and we are playing 2 games a week. We have an ageing Giroud and an ineffective Morata. Take into account injuries (maybe to both strikers) having only these 2 to see us through the season is an absolute joke.  Whatever you think of Bats, did we really send him away on loan so he could be in his "happy place"? I'm sure he is enjoying the sunshine and the wonderful orange juice in Valencia but he should be on our bench, watching the game, reading the defenders and working things out so if he is called upon to enter the fray he will be ready to make an impact (as he has done many times). He's our player, we paid over 30 mill for him and he's on probably about 100 grand a week . Earn it mate. You could maybe argue that Tammy is still developing as a player and needs the games which will eventually benefit us. Bats 'is what he is' and we should never have let him go. Very dim of the board IMO.  

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

That would be some sight. 

You've probably got better odds on making a PL appearance yourself though Nobly

I've still got it Celery (I've just lost a bit of pace since I hit 50). The thing is , it shouldn't be such a wild fantasy. All of those players are good enough to play in our first team.

13 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I've still got it Celery (I've just lost a bit of pace since I hit 50). The thing is , it shouldn't be such a wild fantasy. All of those players are good enough to play in our first team.

Certainly better than some of those currently keeping them out or others whom we're being linked with.