• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

Certainly better than some of those currently keeping them out or others whom we're being linked with.

More than likely Rob. Christenson has been a bit wobbly for a while but I'm hoping he will recover and become the player he threatens to be. All The others could slot in now no problem.

xCELERYx   
37 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I've still got it Celery (I've just lost a bit of pace since I hit 50). The thing is , it shouldn't be such a wild fantasy. All of those players are good enough to play in our first team.

Look, if you can put the ball in the back of the net I think they'll forgive your drop in pace. 

I do agree though. I'd say some have been underused already this season but what can ya do. 

34 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Look, if you can put the ball in the back of the net I think they'll forgive your drop in pace. 

I do agree though. I'd say some have been underused already this season but what can ya do. 

March through Fulham Broadway demanding a policy change? 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I would imagine it's also hard keeping three goalkeepers happy but we still have three for only one position.

Our 2nd and 3rd choice GK are 37 and 38 years old respectively. They are here to warm the bench and play in emergencies. I am pretty sure they are both very happy with their current roles. 

It's not the number of strikers that's the issue, it is the quality of the 2 we do have. 

2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Certainly better than some of those currently keeping them out or others whom we're being linked with.

That's the thing, in seasons previous you could understand our youth struggling to break through as we had so many top quality players playing so well, but this current squad has so many 'alright' players and so many players not massively in form. It's incredibly frustrating. Imagine Alex Ferguson with our current youth setup!

bert19   
3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

That's the thing, in seasons previous you could understand our youth struggling to break through as we had so many top quality players playing so well, but this current squad has so many 'alright' players and so many players not massively in form. It's incredibly frustrating. Imagine Alex Ferguson with our current youth setup!

Just out of curiousity, how many youth products that became successful first team regulars (for an extended period) have Man United had between the class of 92 and Marcus Rashford?  

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Just out of curiousity, how many youth products that became successful first team regulars (for an extended period) have Man United had between the class of 92 and Marcus Rashford?  

O'Shea, Brown, Fletcher........not world beaters, but squad fillers. 

If we had a youth player like Fletcher, it would save £35m on DD

21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah - and all our promising youngsters would be getting their match experience for the England full international team!! Wouldn't that be......  ... the same.

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

O'Shea, Brown, Fletcher........not world beaters, but squad fillers. 

If we had a youth player like Fletcher, it would save £35m on DD

I think Man U have had their full share of Drinkwaters too.

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

My point was more around the fact that Ferguson wasn't scared to give youth a chance, not that he was able to produce it year in year out. If we had the confidence to put more faith in youth I imagine our squad would be filled with many that had come through the academy right now.

JaneB   

Going going gone 😢

Gutted.......and some.