• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   

We apparently rejected a £50m offer for Willian. Wow. We are never going to receive a better offer for our players.

3 minutes ago, Kezza said:

We apparently rejected a £50m offer for Willian. Wow. We are never going to receive a better offer for our players.

I think that's one of those :

Day 1 -made up story about nonsense bid for Willian 

Day 2- made up story about Chelsea turning bid down 

Day 3- made up story about "Willian , my Chelsea hell"

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think that's one of those :

Day 1 -made up story about nonsense bid for Willian 

Probably.  Mind you I never believed Man U would pay £50m for one of our worst players from that season.  And I still don't really believe that AM actually paid £50m+ for a player the manager didn't want.  And I certainly never believed that PSG would pay £50m for even a young Luiz (who is much much better now than then).

Well done Sarri:

Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri criticises Bayern Munich conduct

"It's not professional, because they are talking about a player under contract with Chelsea," said Sarri.

"So they didn't respect our club, I think."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46836816

Just now, Leo91 said:

Are we going to drag this out to the 31st?

Yes the 31st of August .

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

I read it was player (Malcom, who has been poor since joining Barca for around €40m) plus cash to the value of €50m (note Euros, not Pounds Sterling)  It was then claimed we rejected this as we would prefer a cash only deal of £50m (note Pounds not Euros this time) as we don't want Malcom. No further bids have been made by Barca since.

Edited by Bob Singleton

If, and I want to stress the if, we are getting £50m+ offers (straight money) for Willian then we really need to listen to those as he is out of form and 30. Additionally, a further issue for me is that he has never appeared the most fit/motivated player in the world so I can see him doing a Rooney where there is a rapid decline in performance over a short amount of time.

The only issue of course is replacements as Hazard, CHO and Pedro cannot do the rest of the season on their own. Fekir would be a shout but I worry that his knee is shot and he would end up being a Remy type signing (looks great on paper but he ends up unfit the whole time.) 

19 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

If, and I want to stress the if, we are getting £50m+ offers (straight money) for Willian then we really need to listen to those as he is out of form and 30. Additionally, a further issue for me is that he has never appeared the most fit/motivated player in the world so I can see him doing a Rooney where there is a rapid decline in performance over a short amount of time.

The only issue of course is replacements as Hazard, CHO and Pedro cannot do the rest of the season on their own. Fekir would be a shout but I worry that his knee is shot and he would end up being a Remy type signing (looks great on paper but he ends up unfit the whole time.) 

Mate, I think that if we had received a straight 50+ mill offer for Willian, we'd have ripped their arms off. Paper talk is just that - paper talk to grab readership.