• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Also seen reports of a bid for Mbaye Diagne who plays for some turkish club and has scored 20 goals in 17 games this season, has 119 goals across 179 games in his career which hasn't really been in top level leagues. Certainly knows where the goal is, not seen any of him myself

31 minutes ago, Kezza said:

It could be that the club has decided against either Barella and Parades and realise that we already have a ready made replacement for Fabregas. Recalling of Bakayoko is now in progress.

Well Baka certainly made himself a fixture for Milan in the 2 months ahead of their winter break.  I really doubt they would release him early.  

xCELERYx   
51 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I read that Barella's wife is 6 months pregnant and doesn't want to leave Italy until the baby is born, which would rule out a January move. If we do sign him for the summer I would start to think the club are worried about an impending ban.

I haven't watched either but from reading about them sounds like Paredes has a decent long ball in his locker which would make him more of a Cesc replacement, with Barella a more defensive option. Have to say Paredes sounds the more exciting, adding some variety to our options, and would be a bit cheaper.

Barella in the summer sounds more of a reasonable move. We don't necessarily need him at present while we have Kovacic. 

Barella can play across the midfield. He reminds me a lot of De Rossi in his prime. Not really a renown creator or goal scorer, but very combative and hard working. Loves a good tackle, is good with the ball at feet, and does contain a fairly strong long range effort on him. One of the best Italian prospects in the league. 

Paredes is more a direct replacement for Fabregas. More of a creator that would help cover Jorginho. Again, not a really a prolific source of goals. Haven't seen him play for Zenit, but he looked promising while at Roma and had a solid season the year before leaving. Would offer another set piece option, and looks to move the ball forward like Fabregas did. Has a bit of a fiesty nature if I recall so expect him to pick up bookings. Probably something he needs to work on. He makes the most sense to get now. 

xCELERYx   

Multiple reports claim Davide Zappacosta agreed terms with Lazio, but Chelsea won’t release him on loan with option to buy.

The 26-year-old was brought in from Torino for €25m in the summer of 2017, but has struggled for regular playing time.

He is eager for a return to Serie A, with Lazio ready to welcome the right-back with open arms.

However, both Sky Sport Italia and Sportitalia report that while Lazio and Zappacosta are in full agreement over personal terms, Chelsea are holding up the move.

That is because they do not want to let him leave on loan with an option to buy, preferring something more definitive.

Negotiations will continue and the Aquile are confident of striking a deal during the January transfer window.

--

Elseid Hysaj’s agent warned Napoli want to keep him, but “there is talk of Chelsea and we’ll evaluate any mutually advantageous” situations.

The Albania international has dropped down the pecking order under Carlo Ancelotti and would relish a reunion with Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea.

“I had a meeting for about four hours with Ancelotti and (Napoli director of sport Cristiano) Giuntoli this week,” agent Mario Giuffredi told Rai Sport.

“We clarified the situation regarding the player and the lack of playing time. Ancelotti gave me his reasons, which I share fully, because he works with the player every day and knows his condition.

“The important thing is hearing that Ancelotti respects Hysaj. He confirmed his faith in him. Of course, the January transfer window is always to be evaluated and there has been talk of Chelsea, for example.

“If there are situations that are mutually advantageous, then we’d evaluate them. If nothing happens in January, then we’ll discuss a contract extension.”

Edited by xCELERYx

Ham   
55 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Barella in the summer sounds more of a reasonable move. We don't necessarily need him at present while we have Kovacic. 

Barella can play across the midfield. He reminds me a lot of De Rossi in his prime. Not really a renown creator or goal scorer, but very combative and hard working. Loves a good tackle, is good with the ball at feet, and does contain a fairly strong long range effort on him. One of the best Italian prospects in the league. 

Paredes is more a direct replacement for Fabregas. More of a creator that would help cover Jorginho. Again, not a really a prolific source of goals. Haven't seen him play for Zenit, but he looked promising while at Roma and had a solid season the year before leaving. Would offer another set piece option, and looks to move the ball forward like Fabregas did. Has a bit of a fiesty nature if I recall so expect him to pick up bookings. Probably something he needs to work on. He makes the most sense to get now. 

Perhaps Kovacic hasn't done enough to justify a monster bid on the summer and we'll need a replacement for him and Fabregas.  

In which case one now and one in the summer would be perfect.

I get the feeling that Willian is gone in the summer. I mean he’s that age, he’s won all he can at Chelsea, and he has peaked. The last couple years haven't been great for him here either I would imagine with the 10th place finish, then the death of his mom, and the difficulties under Conte... maybe he would be interested in a change of scenery and a new challenge over at Barcelona.

I’d keep Pedro as Pedro always seems like a motivated and enthusiastic kind of guy. 

But it is interesting seeing how we restructure the squad. Quite a few exits on the cards: Cahill, Zappacosta, Palmieri, then Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Willian, Moses, maybe Hazard too, Giroud, Batshuayi and Morata... About 8 of those players have been written off by Sarri and probably they will all go.

And then there are the guys that the club will try to bleed in like Ruben Loftus-Cheek,  Hudson-Odoi, Ampadu, Pusilic and whoever else we sign.

The worry is whether or not we will be able to sign the top tier talents out there like we did when signed the guys who made this recent batch of success possible - Luiz, Cahill, Courtois, Willian, Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Kante, Matic... Have to say Paredes doesn’t exactly strike me as top tier. Barella seems a highly rated player but he doesn’t seem keen on a move here. Crucial couple windows this.

9 hours ago, JaneB said:

Yes it's (me) getting really annoying now but Cesc on FB saying goodbye 👋😢

God I wish I was the manager.  I'd have locked him in the dressing room until the club gave in.

Warm memories of standing outside of the Finborough singing ‘Fabrigas is magic’ ad infinitum, and hoping we’d win the league again to we could do a repeat performance. No such luck, and I wish him all the best. What a star.

What's the point of a buy back clause in the CHO transfer?

IF he is sold, he won't be coming back here..best thing is don't sell him..PLAY HIM

• Like 1

Ham   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Warm memories of standing outside of the Finborough singing ‘Fabrigas is magic’ ad infinitum, and hoping we’d win the league again to we could do a repeat performance. No such luck, and I wish him all the best. What a star.

Gary Chivers and Chopper Harris do a "thing" at the Finborough Arms nowadays in case anybody is interested.