• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not sure if there is an obligation.  But there is another similarity.

Fabregas went because he was replaced by Jorginho.

Higuain went because he was replaced by some bloke called Ronaldo.

Yes, but we have no negotiation power with Juventus just becasue we sold Fabregas to Monaco. 

Leo91   

It's a minefield. Why buy a Renault now when you can buy a Porsche 5 months later. If I was in charge I'd keep Morata and Giroud, play to their strengths and see out the season. Put "sarri ball" on the backburner, why are we even trying to play it when we don't have the personnel. Playing with some width and putting crosses into the box isn't the hardest philosophy to install into a team and we might actually starting scoring some bleedin goals. 

Edited by Leo91
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 6:41 AM, Droy was my hero said:

And Willian doesn't?  Strange point of view to me.

Nah not in my opinion. But he says the right things in post game interviews though.

Sciatika   
17 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

It's a minefield. Why buy a Renault now when you can buy a Porsche 5 months later. If I was in charge I'd keep Morata and Giroud, play to their strengths and see out the season. Put "sarri ball" on the backburner, why are we even trying to play it when we don't have the personnel. Playing with some width and putting crosses into the box isn't the hardest philosophy to install into a team and we might actually starting scoring some bleedin goals. 

I would do the same but I don't think we need to cancel Sarriball, we need to adapt it to get more width and penetration. We need to use the likes of Willian and CHO wide positions and Pedro and Hazard to play more on the shoulder and behind the lines. We will score more with both Morata and Giroud. It's not quite working now and we are capable of beating Man City and Arsenal, being unfortunate not to beat Liverpool and would have got a draw at Spuds in the LC if it weren't for a dodgy offside call. Our problem is not those sides, it's breaking down teams playing a deep 4-5-1 or similar. The only way to beat that is to use width, pace and penetration and the occasional ball over the top.

Edited by Sciatika

24 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Yes, but I don't think we'll be playing anything other than Sarri ball while he is our manager, whether we're suited to it or not.

Edited by PeteRobbo

6 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I would do the same but I don't think we need to cancel Sarriball, we need to adapt it to get more width and penetration. We need to use the likes of Willian and CHO wide positions and Pedro and Hazard to play more on the shoulder and behind the lines. We will score more with both Morata and Giroud. It's not quite working now and we are capable of beating Man City and Arsenal, being unfortunate not to beat Liverpool and would have got a draw at Spuds in the LC if it weren't for a dodgy offside call. Our problem is not those sides, it's breaking down teams playing a deep 4-5-1 or similar. The only way to beat that is to use width, pace and penetration and the occasional ball over the top.

Quite. For me, the reason to replace Morata now is less that I think another striker can come in and score goals even if nothing else changes and more that I suspect Morata's confidence and morale is just shot, and lost forever. I can't see Higuain (who I've always had in my head as a bit of a poacher, perhaps unfairly as I watch little European football) making a substantial change to us other than he might start games with some genuine hope, perhaps even expectation, that he will score.

Something has clearly gone wrong in our transfer policy if every January we’re looking to sign ageing strikers to patch up our lack of a goal threat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are transfers over the last couple of years have been poor I would like us to hire a director of football one of are ex players like Ballack 

BlueFizz   

Why would we cancel ‘Sarriball’? Surely, the point is to learn it and going forward bring in new players more suited to it.

I’m really enjoying the way we’re evolving - the highs and lows, the leaps forward and slips backward.

There - I’m an out Sarri-supporting man. Deal with it! 

Sir   

Assuming Odoi isn’t going to sign a new deal, then hopefully we will get shot of him ASAP to get the most amount we can.