• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

xCELERYx   
43 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Odd one. Have no idea how good this lad is because he only plays against poor teams in the B cup competitions. 

He's a good player, which is why it absolutely bewilders me how poorly Sarri has handled his playing time. 

On the flip side, would love to have him at Juve if a deal was to materialise. 

59 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

He's a good player, which is why it absolutely bewilders me how poorly Sarri has handled his playing time. 

On the flip side, would love to have him at Juve if a deal was to materialise. 

Yep. Would like to have seen Emerson getting a chance in the Premier League over Alonso on occasion, just to see what he can do. I find it bizarre that Sarri is so stubborn in his first choice eleven that he isn’t at least curious to see how others might perform. And to keep squad morale high by rotating players and making them feel like they all have something to contribute. Same goes for Zappacosta too. 

49 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Yep. Would like to have seen Emerson getting a chance in the Premier League over Alonso on occasion, just to see what he can do. I find it bizarre that Sarri is so stubborn in his first choice eleven that he isn’t at least curious to see how others might perform. And to keep squad morale high by rotating players and making them feel like they all have something to contribute. Same goes for Zappacosta too. 

I bet the manager would be the first to complain if he were to move on and he was left with a dud replacement, or no replacement. I certainly wouldn't be doing any deals with Juve, or making it easier for them given our dealings with them over the past few years.

14 hours ago, Sir said:

Assuming Odoi isn’t going to sign a new deal, then hopefully we will get shot of him ASAP to get the most amount we can.

This would need to be tempered by the fact that we would also have to pay more for a replacement this window ,which would be necessary due to a lack of AM's in the squad. Presuming we would be spending more on a replacement than we would receive for CHO we would probably be worse of financially than waiting until Summer, also cornered in the market by clubs and players not wanting transfers mid season. On top of that we have clearly planned for the future already with the Pulisic signing and furthermore there is a massive potential upside in CHO getting game time and signing a new contract. A final point also being if he plays a bit for the rest of the season, performs well and still wants to leave then there could be a bidding war between potential suitors pushing his value up.

Fabregas barely played and seemingly wasn't valued until a transfer was touted.

Hudson-Odoi barely plays and suddenly becomes the future of the club when a transfer is touted.

Emerson barely plays. Looks like his agent has woken up.

Ham   
10 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Fabregas barely played and seemingly wasn't valued until a transfer was touted.

Hudson-Odoi barely plays and suddenly becomes the future of the club when a transfer is touted.

Emerson barely plays. Looks like his agent has woken up.

Well spotted. 👍

Kezza   

There are some rumours of Milan losing Higuain to us and signing Piatek instead. I hope for God's sakes we know what we are doing.

9 minutes ago, Kezza said:

There are some rumours of Milan losing Higuain to us and signing Piatek instead. I hope for God's sakes we know what we are doing.

Oh dear god, no!

If that is true, then I really hope the club have something special lined up in the summer.

13 minutes ago, Kezza said:

The figures being quoted for both players are very similar too.

Although I also read this morning that Real Madrid were making a £70m move for Piatek, sounding a bit like his agent has woken up too.