• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   
4 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Higuain was absolutely terrible in the World Cup and he was playing alongside Messi and Aguero. 

Tbh, apart from that goal, Messi was pretty rubbish at the world cup, ditto Aguero.

jones   
40 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Sounds pretty fanciful to me, so Juve are going to take 14m less than their agreement with Milan, and pick up Higuains wages for the last year of his contract when he will be 33 and clearly have no future. Also can't see Piatek moving after six months and if he does I reckon it would be for a fee Milan can't afford.

You are wrong. Milan only have agreed to a one year loan at 14m-ish loan fee. The option to buy will most likely not be activated, so Higuain will then return to Juve in the summer. Here, they get to prolong his loan by another year. It is Juve who over-committed on Higuain, as they no longer want him, and if they can finance his costs another 12 months they will be happy. What happens the last 12 months of his contract really depends on how much of a success he will be here, but Juve will have to accept the scenario that he returns for his final contract year. 

11 minutes ago, jones said:

The option to buy will most likely not be activated, so Higuain will then return to Juve in the summer.  

And why is it that Milan won't want to keep him, and then ask yourself why we would want to sign him on the same terms. Given that they have stated numerous times they don't want him to go you would have to assume we will be compensating them for letting him go in January, and possibly further compensating them for not taking up their option in the summer. Add that into your calculations.

24 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Still waiting on that Fabregas replacement.

He's coming for sure.  Sarri would never have announced the sale was conditional otherwise.

xCELERYx   
2 hours ago, jones said:

You are wrong. Milan only have agreed to a one year loan at 14m-ish loan fee. The option to buy will most likely not be activated, so Higuain will then return to Juve in the summer. Here, they get to prolong his loan by another year. It is Juve who over-committed on Higuain, as they no longer want him, and if they can finance his costs another 12 months they will be happy. What happens the last 12 months of his contract really depends on how much of a success he will be here, but Juve will have to accept the scenario that he returns for his final contract year. 

Milan's loan included an obligation to buy, not an option. So yes, while the initial loan itself is only for a year, they're obligated to then purchase him outright for the agreed price set in the loan agreement. That's why the deal is as complicated as it is. Juve had effectively managed to get rid of him permanently, which allowed Ronaldo to be possible. There is absolutely no incentive for Juve to break this agreement with Milan unless Chelsea either cover the remaining years on Higuain's contract - be that via a multi year loan or an initial loan with agreement to buy. End result means Juve aren't liable for any of the remaining costs of Higuain's contract. 

Unless either of those two situations pan out, there is a strong likelihood that Higuain doesn't leave AC Milan this season. 

The only other option is Milan buy Higuain after his loan to complete their agreement, then immediately sell or loan him back out. Just not sure how that would work though for Milan given their FFP situation. 

13 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Milan's loan included an obligation to buy, not an option. So yes, while the initial loan itself is only for a year, they're obligated to then purchase him outright for the agreed price set in the loan agreement. That's why the deal is as complicated as it is. Juve had effectively managed to get rid of him permanently, which allowed Ronaldo to be possible. There is absolutely no incentive for Juve to break this agreement with Milan unless Chelsea either cover the remaining years on Higuain's contract - be that via a multi year loan or an initial loan with agreement to buy. End result means Juve aren't liable for any of the remaining costs of Higuain's contract. 

Not what I had read - but it does make the deal much much simpler.  Only one party has a financial interest, and that party being keen to move him on.
Doubly simpler because a long term Chelsea habit is to pay all up front, instead of half now, half later.
With Milan keen for the cash, I'm surprised it hasn't been done already.

And also given what you say, that the Juve-Milan is an obligation, not an option, why is it that Juve are commenting on the deal at all?

jones   
15 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Unless either of those two situations pan out, there is a strong likelihood that Higuain doesn't leave AC Milan this season. 

The only other option is Milan buy Higuain after his loan to complete their agreement, then immediately sell or loan him back out. Just not sure how that would work though for Milan given their FFP situation. 

I dont believe that is true. In fact, one of the Milan bosses (was it Leonardo) said a couple of days ago that if they did not qualify for CL they could not buy him, due to FFP. And Milan’s reluctance to buy him is of course making Juve eager to prolong his loan somewhere else.

I agree an obligation to buy changes everything, but as I said it seems more likely to be an option, and then Juve are full of incentives to get an 18 minth loan with us.

Just now, jones said:

I agree an obligation to buy changes everything, but as I said it seems more likely to be an option, and then Juve are full of incentives to get an 18 minth loan with us.

His value isn't going up.  I can't see Juve wanting him back for 20/21.  Their statement that they want a complete sale or nothing makes a lot of sense to me.

Moreover they are much better off with him starting and scoring the odd goal for Milan against the Serie A noddies and then being put on the market this summer than him sitting on our bench instead of Giroud (which is at least a possibility)

Still if Milan are sitting on an option, and not clear ownership, it makes any deal extremely messy.