• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

His value isn't going up.  I can't see Juve wanting him back for 20/21.  Their statement that they want a complete sale or nothing makes a lot of sense to me.

Moreover they are much better off with him starting and scoring the odd goal for Milan against the Serie A noddies and then being put on the market this summer than him sitting on our bench instead of Giroud (which is at least a possibility)

Still if Milan are sitting on an option, and not clear ownership, it makes any deal extremely messy.

Of course they dont want him back for 20/21, but nobody wants to buy him! So their hands are tied, and loan deals is what they will have to take. Because there is absolutely no chance Milan is taking up the buy option in the summer, especially now they are trying to sign Piatek.

xCELERYx   
9 minutes ago, jones said:

I dont believe that is true. In fact, one of the Milan bosses (was it Leonardo) said a couple of days ago that if they did not qualify for CL they could not buy him, due to FFP. And Milan’s reluctance to buy him is of course making Juve eager to prolong his loan somewhere else.

I agree an obligation to buy changes everything, but as I said it seems more likely to be an option, and then Juve are full of incentives to get an 18 minth loan with us.

That would make sense in that Milan wouldn't be able to afford to sign him if they fail to make the CL due to FFP, that however doesn't mean an obligation clause wasn't thrown into the initial agreement though. Would just leave Milan up the creek if they don't qualify for the CL and are still required to buyout Higuain. 

I know both obligation and an option have been branded as being part of the deal. As far as my understanding goes of the initial deal, it was the former. Which would make the most sense as to why Chelsea trying to sign him being a rather complicated situation. If it was just a regular option there's no real loss for Juve outside of maybe missing out on the full loan fee Milan paid initially. Which could just as easily be offset by making Chelsea pay that and more in a new deal. 

I suppose we'll see what happen. One thing I do know is that Higuain has been on a steady decline over the last few years and certainly isn't the same player that last played under Sarri. I can see this going completely pear shaped, so whatever deal we potentially strike has to be one we aren't tired into or going to cost us a significant financial amount. 

If he stays with Milan for six months and goes back to Juve this summer then they only need to get £15m for him and somebody to cover £75k (figures may be euros but you get my point) of his wages on a two year deal to be in the exact same position as our supposed 18 month loan. Would have thought a few teams would be interested at that level, I don't think they are as stuck with him as it seems, that is affordable for any prem team and a few European teams even at his age. Also if they manage to get a bit more of a fee or he negotiated a higher wage, which seems likely, they would actually be better off. 

From the Juve press release at the time, it is an option - temporary transfer of the registration rights of the player Gonzalo Gerardo Higuain for a consideration of € 18 million to be paid in 2018/2019 financial year. The agreement also provides A.C. Milan S.p.A. the option right, to be exercised at the end of 2018/2019 football season, for the definitive acquisition of the player at a price of € 36 million to be paid in two financial years;

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

That is hard to read even when translated but the gist is: 

Chelsea pay €9m for Higuain's loan for six months then the €36m at the end of the season. We will match his current wages but only give him a contract until 2020 with and option for the next two years after if he scores 20+ a season in the league.

Morata, is going to AM for €35m in total (€10m loan, €25m in Summer) and is reducing his wage from  €7m from €9m, although we cover the €2m. 

Piatek goes to Milan on €2.5m wages a season and for an undisclosed sum as Genoa will sell (apparently) 

I do not know if I read that wrong (especially as it seemed to come across like an Italian translation of Prescott in his prime) but if it is correct, then someone needs sacking immediately. 

Edited by Conte Kante

Sir   

Jesus, so we only recoup half for Morata? (If all is true) *queues all the chat about we’re lucky to get that amount etc etc etc* wasn’t a fan from day one, and always maintained we got absolutely done with the price for him. Knew he would never score buckets for us. For a top, top side he would be number two striker really. Yet, and without wanting to contradict myself, I still maintain he did have a wonderful period of form. So what happened? Confidence? Couldn’t ‘hack’ it? No idea really. Very much like Torres too, sometimes looked amazing (Stoke) and then also looked terrible (also Stoke)

Always always always liked Higuain. Fundamentally, you give him a chance and he will score. Misses the odd sitter, has the occasional nightmare, but I think his goal scoring record speaks for itself. Wish we nabbed him from River all those years ago. 

10 hours ago, Kezza said:

With that mentality, pretty much explains why the clubs go for 30 year old strikers. Torres, Sheva all pretty much had hundreds of goals before coming to us.

and not only that, I thought this clubs policy was now not to give 30+ year old players more than a rolling 12 month contract. Are we turning that on its head and now buying 30+ year old players as our first choice on team sheet? 

I'm not sure about Higuain but I'd chew my right arm of to get Piatek at this club. Yet again we look like becoming the bridesmaid while someone else gets to be the bride. 

xCELERYx   
25 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

That is hard to read even when translated but the gist is: 

Chelsea pay €9m for Higuain's loan for six months then the €36m at the end of the season. We will match his current wages but only give him a contract until 2020 with and option for the next two years after if he scores 20+ a season in the league.

Morata, is going to AM for €35m in total (€10m loan, €25m in Summer) and is reducing his wage from  €7m from €9m, although we cover the €2m. 

Piatek goes to Milan on €2.5m wages a season and for an undisclosed sum as Genoa will sell (apparently) 

I do not know if I read that wrong (especially as it seemed to come across like an Italian translation of Prescott in his prime) but if it is correct, then someone needs sacking immediately. 

Bloody hell, not a fan of this at all if it's the case. Higuain is not the same player he was under Sarri, he's steadily declined and even by Serie A standards looks slow and laboured around the pitch. We should not be entertaining anything more than a 6 month loan with no strings attached. 

Edited by xCELERYx

13 minutes ago, Sir said:

*queues all the chat about we’re lucky to get that amount etc etc etc* wasn’t a fan from day one, and always maintained we got absolutely done with the price for him. Knew he would never score buckets for us. For a top, top side he would be number two striker really.

Thank you for saving me the trouble. I will also add that I'm truly amazed anyone would buy him for any price at those wages. Tbh credit to those who stuck up for him because they stuck with him almost till the bitter end. That must have been hard work.