• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   

Seriously why can't we just sign Piatek instead of this Higuain bull? Milan must be livid. Piatek can't be worse than our current strikers. And opposed to some here he can't be more risky than Higuain as well.

Kezza   

We are probably a club without any back bone as we keep getting on the poor side of the deals. Juve forced us into a outright purchase of a 30 year old at absurd price. Atletico refused to outright purchase and would pay only way below value (Morata is crap but he is only 26). And we probably said yes to all that.

43 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

That is hard to read even when translated but the gist is: 

There is absolutely no way that any journalist finds out that much info in such detail and a single transfer after the fact.  No way does anyone get that much info on 3 deals.  And certainly not before it is done.  And then consider it is only Tancredi...

5 min story, but no doubt most of the figures will be taken as gospel in the future for any part that does go ahead.

53 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

That is hard to read even when translated but the gist is: 

Chelsea pay €9m for Higuain's loan for six months then the €36m at the end of the season. We will match his current wages but only give him a contract until 2020 with and option for the next two years after if he scores 20+ a season in the league.

Morata, is going to AM for €35m in total (€10m loan, €25m in Summer) and is reducing his wage from  €7m from €9m, although we cover the €2m. 

Piatek goes to Milan on €2.5m wages a season and for an undisclosed sum as Genoa will sell (apparently) 

I do not know if I read that wrong (especially as it seemed to come across like an Italian translation of Prescott in his prime) but if it is correct, then someone needs sacking immediately. 

If true Higuain works out then €12m net as a replacement for Morata doesn't look too bad, however still reads like we are getting screwed on both deals. Not a fan of signing ageing, out of form, declining players, especially when you see that a player on the up who could be a long term asset, or at least a saleable asset, is available on £45k a week. 

However....

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is absolutely no way that any journalist finds out that much info in such detail and a single transfer after the fact.  No way does anyone get that much info on 3 deals.  And certainly not before it is done.  And then consider it is only Tancredi...

5 min story, but no doubt most of the figures will be taken as gospel in the future for any part that does go ahead.

These were my thoughts exactly when reading it. The fact that there are so many different versions of events in all three supposed transfers, and that some journos CBA to even check official press releases on the Higuain Milan deal and report it correctly, further shows none of them really have a clue.

12 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

These were my thoughts exactly when reading it. The fact that there are so many different versions of events in all three supposed transfers, and that some journos CBA to even check official press releases on the Higuain Milan deal and report it correctly, further shows none of them really have a clue.

I've always thought that many forum posters here can work out what happens in football a lot better than journalists who rely on being told stuff by unreliable sources.  And generally we are a lot better at not pretending to be itk.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I've always thought that many forum posters here can work out what happens in football a lot better than journalists who rely on being told stuff by unreliable sources.  And generally we are a lot better at not pretending to be itk.

I don't even know if they have unreliable sources, some of it is just clearly fabricated or conjecture, add a misleading title and watch the clicks roll in. It has been mentioned on here before but the fact Sky Sports can report unsubstantiated rumour as fact, and then offer bets on the same is criminal.

Just now, Lump Of Celery said:

I don't even know if they have unreliable sources, some of it is just clearly fabricated or conjecture, add a misleading title and watch the clicks roll in. It has been mentioned on here before but the fact Sky Sports can report unsubstantiated rumour as fact, and then offer bets on the same is criminal.

Yes. 
I'd forgotten about the betting, and whether Sky is directly involved in it, or it is just being pushed by people close enough to move the odds around is pretty worrying.  
But there isn't a section of a newspaper which isn't 25% full of stories the section editors knows are untrue, and 50% full of stories where someone has been paid to make sure the story gets slanted that was (from standard legitimate PR to far worse)

Leo91   

Even if Higs does come in. We still need another striker in the summer. Can't see Giroud staying and Bats with Tammy aren't getting a look in.

xCELERYx   

Sportsitalia claiming Genoa turned down €35m for Piatek from West Ham that was promptly rejected. Genoa have set an asking price of €40m + bonus (around the €5-6m mark). Any deal has to be an outright purchase, no loan with option deal to be considered. 

Could be interesting to see how AC Milan come up with that sort of cash. Some reports say they may sell Calhanoglu to Leipzig for €22m but nothing has really been confirmed/denied.