• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
3 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Sportsitalia claiming Genoa turned down €35m for Piatek from West Ham that was promptly rejected. Genoa have set an asking price of €40m + bonus (around the €5-6m mark). Any deal has to be an outright purchase, no loan with option deal to be considered. 

Could be interesting to see how AC Milan come up with that sort of cash. Some reports say they may sell Calhanoglu to Leipzig for €22m but nothing has really been confirmed/denied. 

Looks like a better deal than spending the same amount on Higuain.

jones   
1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Piatek is the flavour of the month for me. Another Belotti. Plus, how well would his goal celebration fare with the English press? It will be a blood bath.

11 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

So signing a player that has 13 league goals in his entire career is better than someone that has nearly 300?

Maybe?

the club have data on the effectiveness of signing over 30’s South America strikers on loan?

11 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Maybe?

the club have data on the effectiveness of signing over 30’s South America strikers on loan?

Some irony in the fact that Higuain had only scored 13 goals for River Plate when he was signed by Real Madrid

xCELERYx   
33 minutes ago, jones said:

Piatek is the flavour of the month for me. Another Belotti. Plus, how well would his goal celebration fare with the English press? It will be a blood bath.

Piatek is good, as is Belotti. 

Speaking of Belotti, he is under appreciated because he plays for the a side that's the definition of average. Torino have absolute no attacking talent on their side and Belotti effectively carries the entire goal scoring load himself. Despite that he's having another solid season and has hands down been their best performer. He's a player that one needs to watch to truly appreciate what he does. 

55 goals, 17 assists in 10,021 minutes (113 starts, 8 sub appearances) across his 3 and a half seasons at Torino so far. 

With 7 from 19 this season. 

Hopefully he'll get a move to a bigger club soon.

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

I’m inclined to agree. Higuain looks slow and laboured in the Italian league. He makes Giroud look like Usain Bolt. Christ knows what Sarri is expecting of him in the Premier League. 

I really hope I’m missing something here. At least we won’t see Hazard in the false nine role I guess. 

6 hours ago, Kezza said:

We are probably a club without any back bone as we keep getting on the poor side of the deals.

Do we? Or, is that just more baseless rumour-mongering from the press desperate for a headline? You know the answer.....

Juve forced us into a outright purchase of a 30 year old at absurd price. 

Did they? I'll wait and see before I start the throat slitting. 

It's the same old nonsense each and every transfer window, and has been for years, if not decades. I'll wait an see who actually arrives. It's the safest way.

Stim   

The amount of negative energy expended moaning about us signing Andy Carrol and people still moan about rumours. I think people just really like moaning.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Michael Tucker said:

It's the same old nonsense each and every transfer window, and has been for years, if not decades. I'll wait an see who actually arrives. It's the safest way.

41 minutes ago, Stim said:

The amount of negative energy expended moaning about us signing Andy Carrol and people still moan about rumours. I think people just really like moaning.

Maybe we should just close this thread and only talk about done deals?

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Maybe we should just close this thread and only talk about done deals?

WE are just missing James.  Now if we could shift Moses, Morata, Cahill, Drinkwater  and one of Emerson or Zappacosta,  that should bring us in at least £500 million.
Bring in Kane for 45, Rashford for 40, and we can afford to build the stadium next year.

Clearly the management are geniuses.