• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Maybe we should just close this thread and only talk about done deals?

There is a difference between discusing speculatuion and potential targets with those who get genuinely angry about things that haven't happened. 

• Like 2

Anyone else fear we wont hear anything until minutes before the window closes. We all know the window is coming why can't we do our business earlier?

5 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Anyone else fear we wont hear anything until minutes before the window closes. We all know the window is coming why can't we do our business earlier?

I sometimes wonder if our negotiating team isn't just Marina but Liam Fox and David Davies too!

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I sometimes wonder if our negotiating team isn't just Marina but Liam Fox and David Davies too!

Lucky the posters here aren't MPs then. We'd end up voting down all the realistic options just to prove a point.
Just show a little faith in the team that the rightful decision maker ask to do the job.

48 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Its most likely due to a combination of constant managerial changes and a transfer committee without any real sense of direction IMO.

Case in point would be Kepa for Courtois.. Spent the summer window putting all of our eggs in Courtois' basket.. Apparently didn't bid high enough on Allisson. Instead bid a huge amount in a panic for Kepa. 

I dont see a lot of positives behind having a long term manager in place when you look at Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG and so on, but clearly I think the Conte situation threw us off quite a bit last summer, and then the windows before it was just bad business from the club. 

Right now, the manager clearly wants a striker and a midfielder to replace Fabregas and "rest" Jorginho. It looks as though Alonso is holding on for dear life because he doesn't trust Emerson one bit as well..... But why buy what he wants when he could be gone this summer? So yeah its a combination of the managerial changes and a few bizarre policies by the transfer committee in terms of valuation of players, and their age cut-offs.

Ham   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

There is a difference between discusing speculatuion and potential targets with those who get genuinely angry about things that haven't happened. 

This I understand but the nonsense is part of the fibre of this thread.  As Droy alluded to, this thread seems devalued without JP and his mood swings and "what ifs". 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

This I understand but the nonsense is part of the fibre of this thread.  As Droy alluded to, this thread seems devalued without JP and his mood swings and "what ifs". 

I don't mind the nonsense speculation.  It is the circular arguments I find irritating.   "we have got a crap manager/Marina is crap" therefore "we will do crap deals" therefore I have proved "Sarri/Marina is crap".  Complete little hypothetical worlds designed to suit a prejudice.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't mind the nonsense speculation.  It is the circular arguments I find irritating.   "we have got a crap manager/Marina is crap" therefore "we will do crap deals" therefore I have proved "Sarri/Marina is crap".  Complete little hypothetical worlds designed to suit a prejudice.

Thanks Droy, well said mate.