• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Vinod   

I have still not understood what kind of striker Sarri needs. Does he need a finisher to get on the end of things or a pacy forward who can get behind the defence or a physical specimen who can hold the ball and bring others into play? How does a striker fit into Sarriball?

You really can't expect Higuain to do it all on his own. In the current system I don't expect him to be more effective than Morata or Giroud. 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Case in point would be Kepa for Courtois.. Spent the summer window putting all of our eggs in Courtois' basket.. Apparently didn't bid high enough on Allisson. Instead bid a huge amount in a panic for Kepa. 

I would argue none of the above is true. 

When Kepa signed he said that his agent had been contacted weeks before to sound him out if Courtois didn't commit. The club knew Courtois' future was in doubt, and plans were made accordingly. The press didn't get hold of it, so for us it seemed like a last minute panic.

With Allison, by all accounts he had a straight choice between us and Liverpool and went there. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

This I understand but the nonsense is part of the fibre of this thread.  As Droy alluded to, this thread seems devalued without JP and his mood swings and "what ifs". 

JP, where are you?

This maybe a silly question but why are we not going for sala for 18 million?

More goals then Neymar and Cavani, surely he would prefer us then Cardiff

paulw66   
12 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Have you ever seen him play? 

Me neither. 

29 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Somewhat out of context.

If either of those two were a lone striker, perhaps their individual goal tallies would be higher? As it is, they, along with Mbappe, have scored loads of goals as a multi-attacker strike force!

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

When Kepa signed he said that his agent had been contacted weeks before to sound him out if Courtois didn't commit. The club knew Courtois' future was in doubt, and plans were made accordingly. The press didn't get hold of it, so for us it seemed like a last minute panic.

With Allison, by all accounts he had a straight choice between us and Liverpool and went there. 

The nature of the timeline we were working with after Courtois left would have no doubt inflated Kepa’s transfer fee. I think its very unlikely that a club like us who are reasonably cautious in our fees would have honestly chosen Kepa ahead of Allison if the prices at the start of negotiations had been at the final figures involved. In fact, Sarri himself was quoted about a week before Courtois left that he believed Courtois would stay.

11 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

In fact, Sarri himself was quoted about a week before Courtois left that he believed Courtois would stay.

I get the rest, but Sarri has been a manager at various levels for years.  Why would anyone take his words to the press as being reliable?
They shouldn't be.  I don't want them to be.  Imagine there was a 20% chance Courtois would stay.  Think of the harm Sarri would do if he said Courtois was probably off, and he then found himself managing him for the next year.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Higuain not in the Milan squad tonight........

He is on the field right now coming off the subs bench for Milan

3 hours ago, Never happy said:

Yes, I fully imagine you being happy and posting accordingly if we signed an uncapped 28 year old with a hitherto unremarkable goalscoring record from a mid-table French team.