• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Actually it's even better than that.  It's a 6 month loan with an obligation of another 1 year loan if Higuain his certain performance targets. Win-win. 

No obligation to buy.

That would be ideal.

Edited by PeteRobbo

A superb deal if true, a 6 month loan with an option to extend it a further 12. 

I'm a big fan, always have been and am almost certain he will prove a lot of people wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Actually it's even better than that.  It's a 6 month loan with an obligation of another 1 year loan if Higuain his certain performance targets. Win-win. 

No obligation to buy.

How good a deal it is depends on what we are paying for the loan.  

22 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

There is absolutely no way that any journalist finds out that much info in such detail and a single transfer after the fact.  No way does anyone get that much info on 3 deals.  And certainly not before it is done.  And then consider it is only Tancredi...

5 min story, but no doubt most of the figures will be taken as gospel in the future for any part that does go ahead.

Yeah, do not get me wrong, I reckon the article is bull. I was just relaying what it said and that if it was true (with the emphasis on if) then it was a crap deal. 

19 hours ago, Original 21 said:

I’m inclined to agree. Higuain looks slow and laboured in the Italian league. He makes Giroud look like Usain Bolt. Christ knows what Sarri is expecting of him in the Premier League. 

I really hope I’m missing something here. At least we won’t see Hazard in the false nine role I guess. 

Tap in merchant that knows how to move in the box. 

xCELERYx   

Hearing that the loan deal for Higuain is effectively the same one AC Milan had with Juve, it's just been transferred over to us. €18m fee with €36m option to buy, meaning we'll pay a €9m fee for our 6 months of having him.

Edited by xCELERYx

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I get the rest, but Sarri has been a manager at various levels for years.  Why would anyone take his words to the press as being reliable?
They shouldn't be.  I don't want them to be.  Imagine there was a 20% chance Courtois would stay.  Think of the harm Sarri would do if he said Courtois was probably off, and he then found himself managing him for the next year.

Sarri seems very straight forward to the press though Droy. Quite blunt and happy to explain his logic on multiple occasions. 

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

Tap in merchant that knows how to move in the box. 

Which would be great if we were getting the ball into the box a lot to be fair. 

For Gonzalo Higuain to be successful we are going to have to make quite a few adjustments to our style of play - which I feel we can do. 

But this is definitely not the Higuain that most would have seen at Real Madrid who was aggressive and industrious. In fact, I think he looks a bit overweight at the moment. And he hasn’t had the best 2 years IMO.

Nevertheless, its good that the club has backed Sarri. Let’s hope that the end result is a successful system.

21 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

For Gonzalo Higuain to be successful we are going to have to make quite a few adjustments to our style of play. 

I agree. But can we/will we? I'm not as sure about Sarri as you appear to be - but I hope that you're right.

21 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But this is definitely not the Higuain that most would have seen at Real Madrid who was aggressive and industrious. In fact, I think he looks a bit overweight at the moment. And he hasn’t had the best 2 years IMO.

Closer to the reality, I think. 

32 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Nevertheless, its good that the club has backed Sarri. Let’s hope that the end result is a successful system.

More likely. The board have given Sarri the man he wanted on the condition of a top 4 finish.