• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

If Higuain comes , hopefully , although at the fag end of his career , as he's a genuine " big name player" with a bit of cachet , the referees will be in awe of him and won't just treat him like another greasy chancer like they treated Diego and Morata , hopefully he'll get the protection denied those two .

I won't hold by breath though.

1 hour ago, Newstyle said:

Prices aren't entirely accurate and you'd probably swap Kalas for Azpi for another £7m but an interesting line-up, for sure! 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8207444/chelsea-alternative-xi-40m/

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 10.02.21.png

Yep interesting for sure although what the Sun doesn't mention is that three of those players are now regulars in our squad.. but you have to take the point. The sale of Bertrand was always a bad one for me (we then went through a series of left backs who were a downgrade and ended up playing a right back there). Kalas too was a lovely player. Rice I'm not sure about (Ampedu in there for me). TBH none of us saw the Salah thing coming but he was barely given a chance. The De Bruyne sale was a joke...hideous decision.. and Lukaku....I never really rated him but he's done a bit better than I thought he would. 

But the tone of the article indicated why every man and his dog outside Chelsea wants Hudson-Odoi to leave.  It is just another stick to beat us with in a few years. The fact remains that next season Chelsea could well line up some games with academy products Christenson, Ampedu, RLC, CHO and Tammy A all in the team. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it City, Spuds, Dippers and United. And lets see what the "media" would say about that?

Edited by NoblyBobly

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Higuain comes , hopefully , although at the fag end of his career , as he's a genuine " big name player" with a bit of cachet , the referees will be in awe of him and won't just treat him like another greasy chancer like they treated Diego and Morata , hopefully he'll get the protection denied those two .

I won't hold by breath though.

Mate, you and I know that once he pulls that Chelsea shirt on, he could be the Queen Mother reincarnated, but he will always be another Chelsea greasy chancer. Players like Costa are bums on seats and money in Sky and BT pockets but they can't resist chasing them out of town. Fools. 

ripz   

I'm surprised the club seem to be wanting a permanent sale of Bats over a loan because I think he would be great at Monaco. Henry knows him from working with Belgium, he'd have Fabregas creating behind him, Monaco are in deep relegation trouble so a few goals from Bats and he's a hero and with the standard of Ligue 1 I genuinely think a loan there would be much like his Dortmund loan, very successful. 

Media saying Everton are prepared to pay £18m for him, yeah no sht, if Bournemouth pay £19m for Solanke then Bats for £18m is absurd. I'm very surprised there aren't more prem teams looking at him for around £30m to fight in the bottom half of the table. £18m for Bats and £75m for Calum Wilson, funniest media I've seen for a while.

Edited by ripz

12 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Sarri seems very straight forward to the press though Droy. Quite blunt and happy to explain his logic on multiple occasions. 

Yes.  But he also just bats questions he doesn't want to answer away with straight lies.    The difference between him and Conte is that the press, sensing something was up with Conte, decided to report clear question avoiding jokey lies (I don't know who is coming next week) as seriously meant quotes.  With Sarri, he is treated the same as 90% of all other managers.

2 hours ago, Newstyle said:

Prices aren't entirely accurate and you'd probably swap Kalas for Azpi for another £7m but an interesting line-up, for sure! 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8207444/chelsea-alternative-xi-40m/

It fails to mention that we have already got almost £100m from selling some of those players.  Mind you I can't see us covering our costs on Kalas if we paid £5m for him.

Meanwhile just how many PL titles and FA cups would we have won putting that team together?  And how many current players would walk into that team (about 8 I reckon).
Pretty sure something a lot better could have been done by the Sun with a little thought.

33 minutes ago, ripz said:

I'm surprised the club seem to be wanting a permanent sale of Bats over a loan because I think he would be great at Monaco. Henry knows him from working with Belgium, he'd have Fabregas creating behind him, Monaco are in deep relegation trouble so a few goals from Bats and he's a hero and with the standard of Ligue 1 I genuinely think a loan there would be much like his Dortmund loan, very successful. 

I'm sure he'd be great at Monaco - at least by the standards of a bottom half French team.  Emenalo and Henry are pretty sure too.  So make them buy the player.

Blue Rod   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, he couldn't have done much worse. Morata has 5 PL goals, Giroud 1 and this for a team who are 4th, averaging over 2 points a game. There is a significant potential upside here, with little downside. 

It's funny, when the board "don't back their manager" there is outrage against the board, then when they do, it's a case of the manager blaming his players...... Morata has been given plenty of opportunities (in all senses of the word) and just hasn't taken them. Do you really think Morata would thrive in a different system? If so, which? He has failed in Conte's counter attacking team, and he is failing in Sarri's possession based style. Is Sarri right to blame the player in this instance? Yes, I would say so. 

How many goals has Higuan scored in the past 12 months?

Blue Rod   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Although I see your worries with a south american striker past his peak, I still struggle to see how he can be worse than Morata. Higuain, for all his faults, is a real goal scorer who will score on half-chances whereas Morata will, routinely, miss absolute sitters. 

My main worry is that we don't have enough movement as a team, but having a striker who'll populate the box is surely better than one who's chronically offside or lying on the ground gesticulating to the ref. 

I'm also somewhat re-assured that Higuain will know Sarri's system intimately aqnd hence have a deep understanding on what's expected of him. That, and moving Hazard back to his favoured LW position is great news for me. It also means we have effectively an additional option in attack (I don't count Morata as an option anymore) giving us;

Pedro/Hudson-Odoi     Higuain/Giroud     Hazard/Willian

That should be better than what we have and hopefully take us over the finishing line in fourth place as a minimum. 

If we get £40m for Batshuayi then we have done some wonderful negotiation work. Personally I can't see it considering how bad of a loan he's had at Valencia. Maybe something like £25m is closer to reality? Can we even sell him or do we have to loan him out again? What about Morata, will Atletico pay £40m for him? If so we should bite their hand off!

Could you tel me how many goals Higuan has scored last 12 months? 

paulw66   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes very much agree. Higs is a short term grade up on Morata which is what we want right now. Yes he is past his best and in the twilight of his career but I'm hoping a big move to Chelsea will make him rage against the light and give us a couple of good seasons. It will also give Sarri a boost that he has one of his own on board .  If we can get the ball to him in the right places and utilize his strengths as a goal scorer he could be very useful. If he is just here to top up his pension fund it could sound the death knell for Sarri.  Here's hoping for the best.

From what you read, we are paying him the same as what he was already getting, so hopefully he is coming for football reasons. 

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yep interesting for sure although what the Sun doesn't mention is that three of those players are now regulars in our squad.. but you have to take the point. The sale of Bertrand was always a bad one for me (we then went through a series of left backs who were a downgrade and ended up playing a right back there). Kalas too was a lovely player. Rice I'm not sure about (Ampedu in there for me). TBH none of us saw the Salah thing coming but he was barely given a chance. The De Bruyne sale was a joke...hideous decision.. and Lukaku....I never really rated him but he's done a bit better than I thought he would. 

But the tone of the article indicated why every man and his dog outside Chelsea wants Hudson-Odoi to leave.  It is just another stick to beat us with in a few years. The fact remains that next season Chelsea could well line up some games with academy products Christenson, Ampedu, RLC, CHO and Tammy A all in the team. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it City, Spuds, Dippers and United. And lets see what the "media" would say about that?

The Bertrand sale was odd. Cole was coming into the twighlight of his career, and there was an opening there. We sold him for 10m, then have since bought Luis, Rahman, Alonso and Emerson....he would have got decent playing time had he hung around IMO. 

1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

How many goals has Higuan scored in the past 12 months?

More than Morata. Which is kind of my original point. He wont do any worse, and hopefully will do better. 

Blue Rod   
Just now, paulw66 said:

From what you read, we are paying him the same as what he was already getting, so hopefully he is coming for football reasons. 

The Bertrand sale was odd. Cole was coming into the twighlight of his career, and there was an opening there. We sold him for 10m, then have since bought Luis, Rahman, Alonso and Emerson....he would have got decent playing time had he hung around IMO. 

More than Morata. Which is kind of my original point. He wont do any worse, and hopefully will do better. 

How many goals has Higuan scored past 12 months?. Look up and reply. 

paulw66   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

How many goals has Higuan scored past 12 months?. Look up and reply. 

No. 

• Like 1