• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Then you realise with the club backing the coach with the player he wanted. The coach has put his neck in a noose. The noose will tighten should thing go south and 4th becomes a dream. 

Well, he wont be able to complain if it goes sour. He has been given his regista, and now it looks like, his CF 

Blue Rod   
3 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Then you realise with the club backing the coach with the player he wanted. The coach has put his neck in a noose. The noose will tighten should thing go south and 4th becomes a dream. 

That is true. But it should not stop me stating my reasons for believing it is a wrong decision by the coach. And for the record, I have not criticised the club for backing Sarri. I just think Sarri has chosen a very bad option, imo. 

Leo91   
5 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The board must know we need a striker and they went out to find one available. Higuain whether Sarris pick or not, is a pretty good option in January. What was the other option ?

Vinod   
Just now, paulw66 said:

To be fair, we haven't had many, so the sample is small.

Weah did ok. Kovacic is TBC

Maniche (oh dear) nad Queresma were a waste of time. Didn't Enrique De Lucas join on loan? He wasn't up to much. 

Really digging deep into the archives to pick out Weah. I agree on Kovacic. For a loan signing, he has been reasonably effective. 

The good thing with Higuain loan is that the outlay is limited; the problem is that he is expected to save our season. I am not sure if he is upto it. The reality though is that there is a dearth of world class goalscorers in the game. I can't even think of a midfielder who can get us 10 goals in a season. Ramsey (assuming if he can stay fit)? 

City have clearly done a great job of hoarding top level talent. Add the fact that every top club is fighting to retain the best players and looking to improve. The powers that be need to bring their A game in the transfer market. We have wasted millions in the transfer market since 2012. We have 2 PLs but every couple of seasons the gaps appear. It seems like it takes a strong manager to bring decisiveness in transfer strategy; but unfortunately the said manager is put in his proverbial place once he succeeds. Sigh!

Dingus   
51 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

To be fair, we haven't had many, so the sample is small.

Weah did ok. Kovacic is TBC

Maniche (oh dear) nad Queresma were a waste of time. Didn't Enrique De Lucas join on loan? He wasn't up to much. 

Lets not forget our buddy Pato.

Sir   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

ha, yes! oh dear. 

Pato wasn’t given a particularly fair go at it. Thought he did well with the minutes he got though. Plus, talent is utterly undeniable, but injuries ruined his potential. Real shame.

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Sir said:

Pato wasn’t given a particularly fair go at it. Thought he did well with the minutes he got though. Plus, talent is utterly undeniable, but injuries ruined his potential. Real shame.

Not sure it was just injuries. Think he enjoyed himself off the field too.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Could you tel me how many goals Higuan has scored last 12 months? 

I can't be bothered to look up the stats for the last 12 months. It also feels a bit arbitrary, especially since the football was off for 3 months out of those 12. 

But over the last season and this (17/18 and half of 18/19), he's scored 22 Serie A goals, 2 Coppa Italia goals, 5 Champions League goals and 2 Europa League goals. That's 31 goals. Over the same time period he's got 11 assists. 

This season he's got 8 goals and 3 assists. 

The numbers for Morata over the same time period is: 24 goals and 3 assists. This seasons his numbers are 9 goals 0 assists - where 4 of them has been against rubbish opposition in the FAC and EL. 

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Instead of supplying junk stats, why not just shut up. The stats of the past 12 months do  not back Higuan. In fact he has been a much bigger failure than Morata. That is what matters to me. Everything else is your usual Mr Wiseman's nonsense. I make my objective judgement without sentiments, or wishful thinking. 

Why use 12 months? Why not the last 6 months? 

Looking at the last 6 months;

Higuain: Serie A 6 goals, Europa League 2 goals. 3 assists. 

Morata: League 5 goals, FAC 2 goals and EL 2 goals. 0 assists.

I don't see how Higuain is a much bigger failure, especially when you consider that he plays in a much more defensive and tactically aware league and for a team that has a lot lower quality compared to Chelsea. I have not looked up the second half of last season of course, but we all know that Morata hardly scored any second half of last season... 

You are welcome to present your 12 month stats. I'll wait:) 

• Like 1