• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

jones   

Wow, people think Higuain is no better than Morata? Haha! One thing is the general version of Higuain, another thing is Higuain in Sarri’s team. He will fill the #9 shirt like nobody has done since JFH, and he will score and assist a lot of goals.  I dont expect him to be up there competing with Kane for top scorer, but he for sure will hit around 20 league goals per season. And people slagging him off because of his age are just as deluded as the ones saying CHO is too young to play. Look no further than Zlatan, Shearer, Drogba, Cavani or van Nistelrooy for examples of top European CFs that had some of their best years in their early thirties. The list is probably a lot longer. So many people will have to eat their words. He is proven, and he will prove you wrong.

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, jones said:

Wow, people think Higuain is no better than Morata? Haha! One thing is the general version of Higuain, another thing is Higuain in Sarri’s team. He will fill the #9 shirt like nobody has done since JFH, and he will score and assist a lot of goals.  I dont expect him to be up there competing with Kane for top scorer, but he for sure will hit around 20 league goals per season. And people slagging him off because of his age are just as deluded as the ones saying CHO is too young to play. Look no further than Zlatan, Shearer, Drogba, Cavani or van Nistelrooy for examples of top European CFs that had some of their best years in their early thirties. The list is probably a lot longer. So many people will have to eat their words. He is proven, and he will prove you wrong.

Amen!

Leo91   

My only worry is how he'll settle in London. Do you take your family with you on a short loan deal ?

BlueFizz   
2 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

My only worry is how he'll settle in London. Do you take your family with you on a short loan deal ?

No, you make new friends in London.

19 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Look no further than Zlatan, Shearer, Drogba, Cavani or van Nistelrooy for examples of top European CFs that had some of their best years in their early thirties.

I don't really like these comparisons of mortals with the Gods.  But I did check out these players.

Some of their best years.  Shearer's best years were at Blackburn in his 20s.  Drogba only had 3 really outstanding years (for much of his career he didn't start all the games.  Marseille (25), 06/07 (28) and 09/10 (31).  Van Nistlerooy had 6 great years (and an injury) of which only one was when he was 30, after which he faded rapidly in Spain. 

Cavani are Zlatan are good examples, though notably neither did particularly well in their 20s.  They also seem to benefit from the PSG in a noddy league effect.  Cavani got 40 goals last year.  PSG scored 171.  I wonder how may Morata might have got at PSG.

1 hour ago, jones said:

I'm on the fence a bit and not quite as optimistic as yourself , but I'm absolutely sure that this move won't take us backwards. We have a tricky task to make top four and I now feel a bit more confident we will make it. If I were a Man united/Arsenal supporter I would not be laughing my nuts off at this move. I would be rather anxious about it. 

Blue Rod   
26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't really like these comparisons of mortals with the Gods.  But I did check out these players.

Some of their best years.  Shearer's best years were at Blackburn in his 20s.  Drogba only had 3 really outstanding years (for much of his career he didn't start all the games.  Marseille (25), 06/07 (28) and 09/10 (31).  Van Nistlerooy had 6 great years (and an injury) of which only one was when he was 30, after which he faded rapidly in Spain. 

Cavani are Zlatan are good examples, though notably neither did particularly well in their 20s.  They also seem to benefit from the PSG in a noddy league effect.  Cavani got 40 goals last year.  PSG scored 171.  I wonder how may Morata might have got at PSG.

Could you please not quote me for somethingI didn't write. I would not be doing something as ridiculous as refer to other players' records when Higuan' current form provides enough information to digest. Cavan and Zlatan are players in decent form even today. I could not say that  about Higuan.

18 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Could you please not quote me for somethingI didn't write. 

Yes - should have quoted Jones, I selected part of the quote from the quote in your post.

20 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

when Higuan' current form provides enough information to digest.

Information?  So how many goals has he scored in the last 12 months?

Blue Rod   
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes - should have quoted Jones, I selected part of the quote from the quote in your post.

Information?  So how many goals has he scored in the last 12 months?

Higuan has  scored 18 goals in 12 months, 5 goals less than Morata. He's been the laziest player in Europe's top flight. He makes Morata look like Kante.