• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

Pure semantics. I think it's a criticism. You don't. That's fine.

He keeps picking him as a striker instead of the actual strikers we had/have even though his instinct is to play like a winger. That's my criticism of Sarri. 

But that's a different point. I agree, Sarri shouldn't be picking Hazard as no.9, that is a valid criticism.

What he said about Hazard, for me, is just matter of fact. 

39 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think it's inexcusable to carry on with a short winger as a CF over and over and then criticise him for not playing like a CF. 

I think you are getting sucked into the world of xx, yy, (I could name half a dozen on here) who interpret every event and every sentence purely in the light of the pre-determined dislike of Sarri.

Out of interest, on how many occasions has Hazard started at CF when both Giroud and Morata have been fit and available for 90 mins?
None I think.  At most once or twice.

Hazard is the only front 3 player we have in his 20s (assuming Morata is gone).  He is going to get over played, and in positions he'd prefer not to.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   
15 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you are getting sucked into the world of xx, yy, (I could name half a dozen on here) who interpret every event and every sentence purely in the light of the pre-determined dislike of Sarri.

Out of interest, on how many occasions has Hazard started at CF when both Giroud and Morata have been fit and available for 90 mins?
None I think.  At most once or twice.

Hazard is the only front 3 player we have in his 20s (assuming Morata is gone).  He is going to get over played, and in positions he'd prefer not to.

Having this conversation whilst trying to get work done so will leave it there as I've clearly stated that, in my opinion, he has unfairly criticised Hazard today. No offence but I don't care whether anyone agrees. 

Sea foot   
40 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You know Eden at the moment is a wonderful player but he’s an individual player, he’s very instinctive. For him its very difficult to play only in one position, he likes very much to go in relation to the ball, he wants the ball at his feet so for him I think it’s very difficult to play as a striker but also as a winger. We have to organise the other 10 players in the defensive phase because he needs to play everywhere on the pitch.’

He says it is difficult for him to play as a striker. He's right. It is. 

This isn't a criticism, just statement of fact. 

From that quote (which for some reason you have only bolded half the sentence) I understood him to say that he can't play as the striker and also be a winger at the same time.

"...he likes very much go to in relations of the ball, he wants the ball at his feet so for him I think it's very difficult to play as a stiker but also as a winger."

It seems to me that he is saying that Hazard should be staying in the strikers position instead of trying to be everywhere else.

So he’s saying he can’t play as a striker or winger because he likes the ball at his feet    And a defensive liability  so he plays a left who can’t really defend but has height for set pieces .I’m sorry but Sarri will be gone by the end of the season if he doesn’t change his ways

I do wonder if Sarris quotes follow a question based on this interview Hazard gave earlier this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46956929

Basocally saying he has frustrated every manager he has played for and will frustrate the next, they have added to the headline that Hazard says he won't change when that part was on a different subject later on. That passed without comment on this forum.

Same has been done in the press with Sarris quotes to add sensationalism and make it appear he is digging him out and people are up in arms. People on this forum moan about player power and then moan when a manager mentions a how a player can improve to the media. 

He also said in that interview -  He is very important to us because he's a great player. He can always win the match in two minutes or one minute.  'At the moment he is not a leader but a great player – one of the best in the world.

Would be interested to hear what the actual question was but sounds like a non issue to me when you read the actual full quotes. I really don't think Sarri, or Conte, thought Hazard was the answer long term at ST just better than their other options at the time.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Pure semantics. I think it's a criticism. You don't. That's fine.

He keeps picking him as a striker instead of the actual strikers we had/have even though his instinct is to play like a winger. That's my criticism of Sarri. 

Doesn’t that say more about the strikers we have (and don’t play)?

14 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I do wonder if Sarris quotes follow a question based on this interview Hazard gave earlier this week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46956929

Basocally saying he has frustrated every manager he has played for and will frustrate the next, they have added to the headline that Hazard says he won't change when that part was on a different subject later on. That passed without comment on this forum.

Same has been done in the press with Sarris quotes to add sensationalism and make it appear he is digging him out and people are up in arms. People on this forum moan about player power and then moan when a manager mentions a how a player can improve to the media. 

He also said in that interview -  He is very important to us because he's a great player. He can always win the match in two minutes or one minute.  'At the moment he is not a leader but a great player – one of the best in the world.

Would be interested to hear what the actual question was but sounds like a non issue to me when you read the actual full quotes. I really don't think Sarri, or Conte, thought Hazard was the answer long term at ST just better than their other options at the time.

Stops being sensible, you have obviously not read the last fan memo - Sarri is Satan incarnated! 

Welcome Gonzalo Higuain. Lord knows you’ll have a tough time to entertain this crowd... 

25 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Who gave him the number 9!!!!???!!! 

I imagine he chose it himself given he's normally had the 9 shirt wherever he's played.