• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

bert19   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Spot on, as usual Martin.

In regards to the initial point about him starting on Wednesday, I think Bournemouth away is a tricky game, and we have to go with our best XI 

Agreed.  He should be on the bench and called upon if needed. 

I'd start him on Saturday against Huddersfield though.  Gives him a great opportunity to make his mark in a PL game

xCELERYx   
47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

1105 minutes and 7 PL goals. One every 158 minutes. 

Phenomenal scoring record, much like his entire career. 

Take away penalties, and he has scored the same number as Hazard. 

Pedro will age better than Willian, so I can understand Pedro still getting starts ahead of CHO. Although, there'd still be enough games for both to be appeased if the position was rotated between the two. 

Willian though will dip quicker. His game is more athletically based and he isn't as savvy in the attacking third. Once his burst of pace goes there isn't much else to his game that makes him stand out - not unless you want a wide player who is more defensively sound. 

Blue Rod   

The matter is back squarely where it began - how Sarri rates him in relation to the older players. If he does not think he is good enough to start a few PL games then he's off to BM. That is the long and short of it. 

I haven't seen us play poorly because of having CHO on the pitch. Unlike the likes of Barkley and even Willian, he rarely gives the ball away, besides his creative side. So, this fear of us not making top 4 if we play him has no basis whatsoever. There is hardly a midfielder in the team who has been a consistent performer, and is unbenchable this season. What I see is mediocrity and complacency spreading like a virus among the team. You need new players to wake up the older ones. CHO can certainly do that given the opportunity.

My guess is that Sarri will play him more. In a way, BM may have done us a favour. Once CHO starts getting games, he'll open the door to other younger players. We will be stronger and more dynamic for it. 

I have never seen a coach write so much stuff during games,  come back the next match and put out exactly the same stuff again and again. I sometimes wonder if Sarri is simply colouring in his old writings. 

Edited by Blue Rod
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

The matter is back squarely where it began - how Sarri rates him in relation to the older players. If he does not think he is good enough to start a few PL games then he's off to BM. That is the long and short of it. 

No.  Really not that simple.  Didn't go this month, and just changing the date doesn't make the story any stronger, much as you need it for your agenda against Sarri.

16 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I haven't seen us play poorly because of having CHO on the pitch.

First halves against Forest and Sheff W were dire - because the game was all about tieing in the oppo and passing out to CHO (and RLC vs Forest),  and CHO did nothing with the ball.  

But hey, don't let facts get in the way for a first time.

This potential ban worries me, maybe we should be filling up with players given some of our players are getting old and some may leave

Did we miss out on Parede or was he never more than paper talk.

Blue Rod   
33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No.  Really not that simple.  Didn't go this month, and just changing the date doesn't make the story any stronger, much as you need it for your agenda against Sarri.

First halves against Forest and Sheff W were dire - because the game was all about tieing in the oppo and passing out to CHO (and RLC vs Forest),  and CHO did nothing with the ball.  

First half against Sheffield  was dire for the team. CHO didn't even make the shortlist for our worst player of that half. I think that list was headed by Willian totally unopposed. He gave the ball away countless times, did very little else, as often is the case. 

And by the way, have you given yourself yet another promotion? Just noticed, your opinion is now fact, unlike everybody else's. 

Edited by Blue Rod

6 hours ago, jones said:

Good decision by the club to reject the offer and refuse to be pushed. Actually it is a no-brainer. If he plays more and showcases his talent he will be even more sought-after and should be even more convinced to stay. So price unlikely to drop and player more inclined to sign a new contract. We may even be in a position to reject Bayern again in the summer, given they HAVE to sign replacements for Robben and Ribery. In 12 months time CHO is likely to have played a lot of games here, and Bayern will certainly have bought a quality AM. Then CHO would be crazy to sign for them over us. Obviously, other clubs can join the race and CHO can go on strike, but all in all we hold much better cards than the media make it out to be.

But Sarri will certainly have to play him now. Wonder what message he gets from the board. 

Trying to remember the last time someone said something similar... and how well that worked out!

3 hours ago, synavm said:

For me CHO would now be marginally ahead of Willian and Pedro in the pecking order. He's worked hard, he's delivered in games. The transfer request was in my view poorly advised, but we have to now prove that by starting him in the league.

Ahead of Pedro and Willian??? Based on what exactly? A few nice dribbles and good first touches?

Pedro and Willian are tried and tested players and, even though they're catching up in age now, they're still very good on their day and they still offer a lot of things off the ball which Hudson-Odoi hasn't yet showed.

Sorry, but if we're walking into a Champions League semi-final right now against Barcelona or Juventus away, would you seriously want Hudson-Odoi to start ahead of those two?

I can accept the kid wants to feature more in the league, and he definitely should get some minutes in the league, but at 18 years old he has to be realistic about where he's at currently and separate it mentally from where he feels he should be. 

Bayern Munich are far from the best club to develop youngsters either. Just ask Renato Sanches.

8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really that’s a fact ? I didn’t see either game like that  I seen Willian do nothing in the first half  v Sheffield Wednesday same goes for Barkley Odoi was only attacking threat He might not have a great game but at least he was a threat

5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Ahead of Pedro and Willian??? Based on what exactly? A few nice dribbles and good first touches?

Pedro and Willian are tried and tested players and, even though they're catching up in age now, they're still very good on their day and they still offer a lot of things off the ball which Hudson-Odoi hasn't yet showed.

Absolutely, I just dont get the lack of respect and gratitude given to Willian in particular but also Alsonso. Both have done and are doing great. Willian always runs at defenders and if we werent blessed with Eden doing it so well we would be singing his praises all the time.