• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Just now, jangz said:

Right now the situation with hazard is like being in an open relationship.. where the partner is not committing one way or the other.. frustrating for the other partner ( the club)

He's a footballer.  All relationships are open like that.  At least Hazard is being honest about it.  Do you think no other club has inquired about Rudiger,  Azpi  or Kante?

Out of interest, if a Spanish journalist gets to interview Hazard, what should he ask?  How do you feel in 4th place in the biggest league competition in the world?  Would you like to go to Man City or Bayern Munich?  Or the RM fans would love to have you in Madrid, are you ready to leave for them?

jangz   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

He's a footballer.  All relationships are open like that.  At least Hazard is being honest about it.  Do you think no other club has inquired about Rudiger,  Azpi  or Kante?

Out of interest, if a Spanish journalist gets to interview Hazard, what should he ask?  How do you feel in 4th place in the biggest league competition in the world?  Would you like to go to Man City or Bayern Munich?  Or the RM fans would love to have you in Madrid, are you ready to leave for them?

Footballers and managers use the media to their advantage all the time.. giving them what they want to hear.. are you saying Hazard can always decline that question especially when he knows that the journos are fishing for anything along those lines.. he is smart enough.. I am sure football interviews can be more than transfers.. 

if clubs have inquired about Rudi, Azpi they dont see to be going around telling the whole world. Sure Hazard will have a dream of playing in the Spanish league for RM but he can obviously have a closed door discussion with his advisors. I dont see how speaking to the media helps his current employer..

jones   

I think everything is pointing towards Hazard leaving at this point. We would need to replace him with a world class creative player. And have been linked to Eriksen, Coutinho, Isco. Who would be best for us?

18 minutes ago, jones said:

I think everything is pointing towards Hazard leaving at this point. We would need to replace him with a world class creative player. And have been linked to Eriksen, Coutinho, Isco. Who would be best for us?

I think a cheeky £800,000,000 bid would tempt Levy to allow us to negotiate with Eriksen, we'd have to pay extra to sign him mind .

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jones said:

what if we are in a position where we have a buying ban this summer?

16 minutes ago, jangz said:

Footballers and managers use the media to their advantage all the time.. giving them what they want to hear.. are you saying Hazard can always decline that question especially when he knows that the journos are fishing for anything along those lines.. he is smart enough.. I am sure football interviews can be more than transfers.. 

I guess you mean "can't"
I think he is smart enough to be able to give a plain answer that is entirely inoffensive to any Chelsea fan, RM fan or Belgian fan, and that is what he does.
I can't think of a quote where it wasn't clear to an open minded person that his comments were pleasant but bland.
I can think of many (most) media pieces that tried to put a twist on things, but invariably the quotes proof the headlines wrong.

On the other hand there is no protecting Hazard who won't to believe certain stories and will swear blind he has said something he hasn't - twisted story on no story at all..
Hazard doesn't give a flying F about those people, why should he.

21 minutes ago, jangz said:

if clubs have inquired about Rudi, Azpi they dont see to be going around telling the whole world. Sure Hazard will have a dream of playing in the Spanish league for RM but he can obviously have a closed door discussion with his advisors. I dont see how speaking to the media helps his current employer..

So find me a quote from Hazard where he has expressed a clear opinion, or raised the subject himself.  They don't exist.

19 minutes ago, jones said:

1.   I think everything is pointing towards Hazard leaving at this point.

2.    We would need to replace him with a world class creative player. And have been linked to Eriksen, Coutinho, Isco. Who would be best for us?

1.??  why?  Why more than a year ago when RM were losing Ronaldo?

2.??  Why?  We haven't bothered to replace Fabregas.  Why not a world class DM or a world class CF first?

Just now, exiledblue said:

A ban looks pretty unlikely to me.  In anycase, we could appeal a ban which would put off the day until January at least.

47 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

We won't. Even if FIFA impose a ban, we appeal (in the meantime ban is temporarily lifted) Even if FIFA uphold their ban, we then appeal to CAS so worst case is next Jan or summer after next depending on how quickly/slowly appeals are heard and dealt with.

xCELERYx   

Looks as if Piazon is currently in Italy for a medical with a view to join Chievo on loan until the end of the season.