• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

5 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Let’s be honest, why would the likes of Zappacosta, Cahill and Drinkwater leave? All subpar players on bumper contracts that no club is willing to match.

The club has made horrific decisions over the last 4-5 years in regards to players in and now we can’t even get rid of the dead weight.

Joke of a club at present.

Really.  Morata loaned out for Higuain seems OK.
All we have done this season is to quietly get rid of players, like Moses, from that overstocked fridge.  The mistakes were all made last year, when people were still listening to Conte and praising his system.

There were 2 windows, Summer 17 and winter 18 when things went wrong.  Prior to that the major problem was an understrength first team squad.

I think the club is getting its act together this season, starting with the removal of Conte.  As you say it ain't easy to shift all of these dead weights.

Edited by Droy was my hero

26 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Let’s be honest, why would the likes of Zappacosta, Cahill and Drinkwater leave? All subpar players on bumper contracts that no club is willing to match.

Firstly calling Cahill subpar and deadweight is disrespectful, he's been a massive positive influence at the club since 2012 and has been dropped as his playing characteristics don't, in the view of Sarri, suit the required 'style'. 

Having said the latter, we could do with a proper defender rather than one who can look like the worlds best centre-back in 1 game out of 10, then look and cost us games in 2 or 3 of the remaining 9.

Cahill has turned down a move to Juventus, because he wants to fight for his place here. Stubborn maybe, but I wish the 11 out there last night would show that resilience. He might even believe there's a chance of playing should the manager walk/be sacked?

Edited by East Lower

Dingus   
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really.  Morata loaned out for Higuain seems OK.
All we have done this season is to quietly get rid of players, like Moses, from that overstocked fridge.  The mistakes were all made last year, when people were still listening to Conte and praising his system.

There were 2 windows, Summer 17 and winter 18 when things went wrong.  Prior to that the major problem was an understrength first team squad.

I think the club is getting its act together this season, starting with the removal of Conte.  As you say it ain't easy to shift all of these dead weights.

Papy, Hector, Miazga, Rahman, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Cuadrado, I could go on.

All players bought over the past 4/5 years who shouldn’t have been bought or be anywhere near this football club but here we are, with a load of deadweight that have no problem just fraffing about, collecting their wages for doing **** all.

Dingus   
Just now, East Lower said:

Firstly calling Cahill subpar and deadweight is disrespectful, he's been a massive positive influence at the club since 2012 and has been dropped as his playing characteristics don't, in the view of Sarri, suit the required 'style'. 

Having said the latter, we could do with a proper defender rather than one who can look like the worlds best centre-back in 1 game out of 10, then look and cost us games in 2 or three of the remaining 9.

Cahill has turned down a move to Juventus, because he wants to fight for his place here. Stubborn maybe, but I wish the 11 out there last night would show that resilience. He might even believe there's a chance of playing should the manager walk/be sacked?

Truth hurts sometimes unfortunately.

In the current setup, he is deadweight. No point saying anything else otherwise.

If he (and the others) were so desperate to play, they’d have arranged for that to happen in this window and left.

But they’ve all got cushty contracts that they’ve wrangled out of the club so as I said, why would they leave. Won’t get better anywhere else. And they do the bare minimum to get it.

8 minutes ago, Dingus said:

In the current setup, he is deadweight. No point saying anything else otherwise.

If he (and the others) were so desperate to play, they’d have arranged for that to happen in this window and left.

But they’ve all got cushty contracts that they’ve wrangled out of the club so as I said, why would they leave. Won’t get better anywhere else. And they do the bare minimum to get it.

Yes, sometimes it might. Not in Cahill's case though. Could still do a job for us in a 5.

He's not signed a fat contract, just the same one he was on for the last two and a bit seasons. 

The other two I'd agree with, although in Drinkwater's case, I have it on decent authority (a mate of his from his Man Utd days) that he is a super confident character and believes if he works hard enough he'll still get a chance here. He probably won't get a chance with the current management wet up, but if true the strength of his belief and confidence in his abilities should be admired. Watching what we saw last night, we could do with someone like him, just to make us a bit nastier in midfield and not so easy and nice to play against.

16 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Papy, Hector, Miazga, Rahman, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Cuadrado, I could go on.

All players bought over the past 4/5 years who shouldn’t have been bought or be anywhere near this football club but here we are, with a load of deadweight that have no problem just fraffing about, collecting their wages for doing **** all.

First 3 were part of the loan-trading operation, nothing to do with first team.

Rahman and Cuadrado were 2015.  One is unfortunate and has largely been injured.
Cuadrado was only here 6 months, made 12 appearances and then went off on loan.  The numbers in wikipedia suggest we more than covered our costs on him.  

So of your list you have one injured player and 3 Conte buys.  
Seriously I have spent 7 and a half out of the last 10 years on here screaming about how few players we have had in the squad.  This is a Conte thing, not a club thing.

18 minutes ago, Dingus said:

Can be said much more reasonably I think.
Certainly we have far too many of our players over 30 right now.  Cahill is still good enough at our level, but the real trouble is that most of the other over 30s have no competition for places.

Rob B   

Quick one on Gary Cahill whilst it’s topical:

The way Sarri has treated him is actually disgraceful. This is a model professional, former captain and someone who has won everything with the club - and to be frozen out in the manner he has, is not right at all.

And before people jump on my back to say he’s not good enough anymore or doesn’t fit the style, I get all of that regarding the league, but to not even have him in the team or even on the bench for lowly FA Cup / League Cup or Europa games is just downright disrespectful. 

Vinod   
15 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Quick one on Gary Cahill whilst it’s topical:

The way Sarri has treated him is actually disgraceful. This is a model professional, former captain and someone who has won everything with the club - and to be frozen out in the manner he has, is not right at all.

And before people jump on my back to say he’s not good enough anymore or doesn’t fit the style, I get all of that regarding the league, but to not even have him in the team or even on the bench for lowly FA Cup / League Cup or Europa games is just downright disrespectful. 

Sarri clearly does not know how to manage a big squad. He was equally poor with his treatment of Cesc. An odd appearance out of the blue and you expect squad players to come out all guns blazing. 

Sir   

Am I right in thinking we won’t be getting another one in? If I recall, Sarri wanted a Cesc replacement (not exactly easy) but then said something about having another younger player already at the club ‘coming in’ as the Cesc ‘replacement’ - thus not getting someone in he may or may not have wanted?

Marina is so wrapped up with re loaning loanees she has no time to work on signing players to actually play for us. The one she did sign is not even coming this season. Ridiculous.