• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

synavm   
3 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Talking of you know who, I watched the Real-Barca match last night and noticed that Vicinius played a mostly  on the left,

Thats Hazards main position

I think Real need replacments elsewhere

I was going to say that - Vincinius and Asensio very good on the left. I'd suggest someone like Mbappe or even Sterling would be a perfect fit for them to fill in on the right. I know Hazard played on the right for Lille sometimes, can't remember if he's done that much at Chelsea. 

8 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

They may well be the same person Kev.........

!!! DWMH cast me to the side without so much as a goodbye!

(I vaguely recall lots of people here getting very annoyed by the words 'ad hominem' a few years ago. Shame they weren't more annoyed by the pathetic attacks the words described)

35 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Sorry Paul, but the reality is that within 3-5 years CHO is going to be world class.

'The reality'?! Is there any set of football supporters with more burned fingers than Chelsea's?

The odds are, even for a player who I agree has a lot of promise, really obviously against Hudson-Odoi being 'world class'.

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Worth noting that subject to the add-ons being triggered, this would be Bayern’s second or third most expensive transfer in their history.

I think it’s fair to say that they rate CHO 

Whatever Bayern offered, it is worth remembering we turned it down. So who values him higher? 

22 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Sorry Paul, but the reality is that within 3-5 years CHO is going to be world class. He wasn't quite ready to start for us in the summer, but now he is, and for me is ahead of both Willian and Pedro right now, both in terms of ability and performance. Still no idea why people think Willian is better, in fact that's the joke.

It's called planning for the long-term and building a team for the long-term, not instant success.

If we lose him, he'll go become a world class player elsewhere and people on this forum will be moaning aobut how he got away. He's good enough, he is ready, play him. Bayern want to spend a club record fee on him and start him.

Of course he isn't Hazard's level now - no one is saying he is. But he will be in a few years time.

Sorry James, but you are backpeddling. Yesterday you said that if Hazard leaves, we should make CHO first choice. Now you are saying we might have to wait 3-5 years for him to reach world class levels. What do we do in the interim? 

That's ignoring the fact that saying he is going to be world class is ludicrous. Let's see, other than the obvious Chelsea comparisons of Jody Morris, Michael Woods, Josh McEachren, Scott Sinclair and Gael Kakuta, how about Jermaine Pennant, Francis Jeffers, Danny Cadamarteri, Freddie Sears, Neil Mellor, Federico Macheda, Bojan, Freddy Adu.........the list of 16-18 year olds "definitely going to be world class players" is endless. I really hope he does make it and becomes world class, but we have certainly been here before. 

At this current moment he is miles below Pedro and WIllian, which is exactly why (and the only reason) he isn't playing important games. If you rewatch the games CHO has played, and if you analyse his performances with the same level of critique you would to Willian or Pedro (or anyone else) you would realise how underwhelming he has been for the large part. 

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

'The reality'?! Is there any set of football supporters with more burned fingers than Chelsea's?

The odds are, even for a player who I agree has a lot of promise, really obviously against Hudson-Odoi being 'world class'.

And Ham asked why I get so defensive........it is the ludicrous opinions on CHO being the 2nd coming based on very little so far. 

If we want Hazard to stay, then Marina (or better still - Roman), should sit him down and tell him the direction the clubs going in, stop messing around and bring in some world class players to help him (and before people jump in here, and say we broke the world record for a goalkeeper - that again was our fault, they knew Coutois was leaving and Marina ****ed around and in the end had no choice), same with Morata,Bakayoko, and Jorginho are any of them world class?

willian should have been sold to Barcelona when we had the chance.

To keep Hazard we need to spend big and show intent or let Hazard go for 100+ million and invest it wisely..although how many on here trust the board or the idiot manager to do that?

2 hours ago, Never happy said:

If we want Hazard to stay, then Marina (or better still - Roman), should sit him down and tell him the direction the clubs going in, stop messing around and bring in some world class players to help him (and before people jump in here, and say we broke the world record for a goalkeeper - that again was our fault, they knew Coutois was leaving and Marina ****ed around and in the end had no choice), same with Morata,Bakayoko, and Jorginho are any of them world class?

willian should have been sold to Barcelona when we had the chance.

To keep Hazard we need to spend big and show intent or let Hazard go for 100+ million and invest it wisely..although how many on here trust the board or the idiot manager to do that?

If Hazard leaves I think it has more to do with him having a dream of playing for Real Madrid and he realises it's now or never and decides to give it a go, if they come in with a suitable offer.

As for the CHO debate, the kid clearly has talent, no doubt about it and I'd love to see him get a bit more game time, but as of yet he hasn't shown any reason why he should start ahead of Pedro and Willian on a consistent basis. That's not really a criticism of him, it's more to do with the fact he's 18 with a lot to learn. We need to have patience and hopefully he will slowly be integrated in to the team more and more over the next 12-18 months as long as his progression continues to go in the right direction.

It's very rare an 18 year old breaks through at a top club instantly and becomes a starter - Mbappe is the most recent example and just look at the difference between him and CHO physically and talent wise, it's quite a gulf. 

Patience people, patience. I hope someone is saying that to CHO as well. 

3 hours ago, southcoastal said:

Talking of you know who, I watched the Real-Barca match last night and noticed that Vicinius played a mostly  on the left,

Thats Hazards main position

I think Real need replacments elsewhere

Good point. But then again it's Real we are talking about. They don't care about such seemingly small details;) 

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

!!! DWMH cast me to the side without so much as a goodbye!

(I vaguely recall lots of people here getting very annoyed by the words 'ad hominem' a few years ago. Shame they weren't more annoyed by the pathetic attacks the words described)

Oh so I'm not the only one who's been accused of being DWMH? Wow, I see a rather alarming pattern developing here. Find someone you disagree with? Attack their person and accuse them of being someone else. 

What a time to be alive. 

3 hours ago, Never happy said:

If we want Hazard to stay, then Marina (or better still - Roman), should sit him down and tell him the direction the clubs going in, stop messing around and bring in some world class players to help him.

It is only my personal opinion, but I am not sure that Roman is particularly bothered either way any more, except for committing the bare minimum to protect the value of his investment, while he waits for a buyer. Not convinced we are going to see any World class players appear anytime soon.

jones   

I think the main reason we did not sell Willian in the summer was because of Hazard. He gets on very well with him both on and off the pitch. This summer it will all be different, and I think we will and shall accept if someone bid over 40m. Pulisic is his direct replacement, and I do not think it will take him long to surpass Willian’s contribution level. 

Hazard will need replacing, and the answer is not CHO. Way too early. And if we move him past Pedro in the hierarchy, from AM4 to AM3, that should be a good way of guaranteeing him the football he wants, and thus get him to sign an extension. Would imply going from around 1000 to roughly 2000-2500 minutes per season. That is a lot for a 19 yo at Chelsea.

So if Hazard and Willian goes, we will have up to 150m to spend on a new world class LW/AM. That basically gets us every realistic target in the world.

28 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Oh so I'm not the only one who's been accused of being DWMH? Wow, I see a rather alarming pattern developing here.

The pattern is to claim a majority by saying all those who disagree must be the same person. 
Truth is that the majority mostly can be bothered with responding to daft ideas.

Many the time on here I have been the lone voice arguing perfectly consensus points of view that 9 out of 10 Chelsea fans would agree with.

8 minutes ago, jones said:

So if Hazard and Willian goes, we will have up to 150m to spend on a new world class LW/AM. That basically gets us every realistic target in the world.

We don't need One world class AM.  We need 5 or 6 good AMs and CFs aged 22-29.
The only reason our WC AM is so important to us is because he is our ONLY AM or CF aged 22-29.
Or 19-30 for that matter.