• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, Jasonb said:

I think he knew Yeltzin too before Putin.

Yes indeed. In fact all of the oligarchs, Berezovsky, Khodorkovsky etc. had to know Yeltsin or they wouldn't have been able to get the opportunity to do what they did.

Here's a link to a very recent, interesting article about the Russian oligarchs today and their ambitions, including info re: Roman. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-02/rich-russians-the-rise-of-the-oligarchs/10626236

Meanwhile, back to the highest profile possible transfer. Has anyone else seen this interview with Cesc today?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/chelsea-transfer-news-eden-hazard-cesc-fabregas-real-madrid-contract-a8769526.html

9 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think he knew Yeltzin too before Putin.

All the Oligarchs knew Yeltsin.  And the Americans intervened to get Yeltsin elected.  

26 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Since Russia decided to stop the Neocon march through the Middle East the cold war is now full on with both the US followed by Russia cancelling nuclear weapons treaties.

Much earlier than that.  And the 3 or 4 cancelled nuclear treaties I am aware of were all cancelled by the US.

3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes indeed. In fact all of the oligarchs, Berezovsky, Khodorkovsky etc. had to know Yeltsin or they wouldn't have been able to get the opportunity to do what they did.

Here's a link to a very recent, interesting article about the Russian oligarchs today and their ambitions, including info re: Roman. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-02/rich-russians-the-rise-of-the-oligarchs/10626236

What a crap article.  Just what is the point of scouring the internet all the way to Australia to get something that could have been straight out of the Daily Mail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Regardless of Brexit, the UK will never be independent of the US view on Russia I think. And I don't think Roman will ever be welcomed back with open arms either.

To be honest my original reply was a bit tongue in cheek 

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

You mean the date when we become the 51st state in everything but name?

Umm

you may have a point there.  

The spuds a building a stadium for  for America football. My local Sainsburys is selling weenier bars. You can get a Big Mac with bacon. 

The real proof of the 51st state is when they play the World Series in the uk. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

To be honest my original reply was a bit tongue in cheek 

Right! Sorry.

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Umm

you may have a point there.  

The spuds a building a stadium for  for America football. My local Sainsburys is selling weenier bars. You can get a Big Mac with bacon. 

The real proof of the 51st state is when they play the World Series in the uk. 

Well I like a game of baseball, but I'd rather go to the former colony to watch it I think. Their stadiums are really superb.

Kezza   

We should really try to go for Griezmann sometime soon. He's been in Atletico for some time now and we can test his resolve and interest for another league.

2 hours ago, Kezza said:

We should really try to go for Griezmann sometime soon. He's been in Atletico for some time now and we can test his resolve and interest for another league.

He is up for sale at ~120 million 

no takers. I wonder why?