• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

4 hours ago, Bison said:

Our scouts are busy watching Bournemouth.

Let’s hope we sign Brooks then:-)

also could have advised our team do we didn’t lose by 4

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I’d disagree with that. Giving Aaron Ramsey £400k/week will most definitely impact Juve. It’s a mad, mad decision on their behalf. 

Maybe it is a very cunning plan juve  

Arron not being the  brightest star in the sky. They may have offered him lira which he has mistaken for pound?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Jasonb   
9 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Eidur was a top, top player Jason, don't you think.

I think Ramsey is a good player, but not as good as Eidur, who was one of our best I'd say.

I certainly think Eidur was a top player and thought we did not use him well under JM, for me Ramsay is a different player and it will be interesting to see how often the latter plays for the Old Lady.

Vinod   
10 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I certainly think Eidur was a top player and thought we did not use him well under JM, for me Ramsay is a different player and it will be interesting to see how often the latter plays for the Old Lady.

Memories can be misleading. Eidur was a great bloke. One of my favourites from that  era.

As striker, he was technically superb and built like a tank. However, his pace was sub par and he was hardly prolific. He was the perfect squad player and Jose used him as such. What wouldn't I give to have a striker like Eidur back up Higuain!

35 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Memories can be misleading. Eidur was a great bloke. One of my favourites from that  era.

As striker, he was technically superb and built like a tank. However, his pace was sub par and he was hardly prolific. He was the perfect squad player and Jose used him as such. What wouldn't I give to have a striker like Eidur back up Higuain!

rather Eider / JFH combination

paulw66   
12 hours ago, Vinod said:

Memories are misleading.

Look how many League games Eidur started under JM, particularly in year one. Was far more than a squad player.

Edit - 94 appearances over two seasons under JM

Edited by paulw66

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Memories are misleading.

Look how many League games Eidur started under JM, particularly in year one. Was far more than a squad player.

Edit - 94 appearances over two seasons under JM

When he moved back into almost the midfield he was superb.

• Like 1

jones   
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

When he moved back into almost the midfield he was superb.

Top class. Remember us trailing 0-1 to Bolton at the Bridge, when Eidur came on at HT in midfield and we ended up winning 5-1. One of the best halves I have ever seen us play.

14 hours ago, jones said:

Top class. Remember us trailing 0-1 to Bolton at the Bridge, when Eidur came on at HT in midfield and we ended up winning 5-1. One of the best halves I have ever seen us play.

Eidur played up front that game and combined brilliantly with JFH. I seem to remember Lamps scored his first goal for us - a a nice 20 yarder. Back then most of us were thinking he was a decent signing, maybe a bit overpriced.....