• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Oh how we miss Frank Lampard... what a player!

Bit weird this, but I miss that turn more than anything else. The receive-the-ball-facing-our-defence-and-with-one-deft--touch-change-direction-and-be-seamlessly-attacking turn.

These days it seems to have become the receive-the-ball-facing-our-defence-trap-the-ball-look-at-the-ball-walk-around-the-ball-pass-the-ball-sideways-amble-off-to-a-place-I-am-unlikely-to-get-it-back turn.

18 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Bit weird this, but I miss that turn more than anything else. The receive-the-ball-facing-our-defence-and-with-one-deft--touch-change-direction-and-be-seamlessly-attacking turn.

These days it seems to have become the receive-the-ball-facing-our-defence-trap-the-ball-look-at-the-ball-walk-around-the-ball-pass-the-ball-sideways-amble-off-to-a-place-I-am-unlikely-to-get-it-back turn.

Yes.  For me it was the invisible dribble.  Frank would beat a man to get half a yard away and then play the ball really early so that no one actually noticed he had beaten the opponent.  But he'd found that sliver of space and time to look up and play in what ever direction he wanted to (or shoot).

Jorginho does that turn quite well.  Baka could have no one within 20m and he'd still pass it back to the keeper rather than turn with it.

Leo91   

Speaking of Frank Lampards..

This video was made April last year. He's had an even better season this year. Partnered with a Coutinho/Isco and it could be something special.

Edited by Leo91

xCELERYx   

Piatek has scored twice against Atalanta so far. Gives him 6 goals since joining Milan in January.

Having watched him all season still find it bewildering we didn't try and sign him. The man scores goals. AC Milan got an absolute steal. 

kratos   

Also I wonder how he would cope being kicked to crap here, plus our final ball is non existent so all he would be is another body upfront.

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

How do you know we didn't? Maybe he wasn't interested

More likely he didn’t fit the clubs profile of being an ex galactico player

Kezza   
15 hours ago, kratos said:

Also I wonder how he would cope being kicked to crap here, plus our final ball is non existent so all he would be is another body upfront.

We are crap now so we don't sign him even if he's brilliant. Sounds like a good excuse not to sign a player. And have you seen him play? He's a tank. I don't know what you are watching.

Edited by Kezza

Kezza   
14 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

More likely he didn’t fit the clubs profile of being an ex galactico player

Pretty much. Or players who have done it all seen it all and lost all hunger to achieve anything great. He's also not done anything huge or won anything yet. And he's not valued as much by the selling club, the club is willing to sell and not asking for a lot. He has not scored enough goals. Nobody is scrambling to sign him. He must have some problems. You get the mentality and idea.

Edited by Kezza