• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kratos   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

We are crap now so we don't sign him even if he's brilliant. Sounds like a good excuse not to sign a player. And have you seen him play? He's a tank. I don't know what you are watching.

So was Diego and he got sick of the bs in this league too. But I think it was a simple case the guy might be more comfortable playing in Italy and not forgetting that Milan are still quite prestigious in the eyes of many.

Zidane would be well advised to stay away from here, there's no way he will get what he wants.

if he did take the job he should have everything in writing that he gets what he wants, and if Marina breaks that agreement he should walk away and sue chelsea,

As soon as a manager signs on here, everything agreed goes out of the window.

Roman might be tempted to try and get zidane and keep Hazard, but unless he appoints a director of football we are screwed unless he has the guts to fire marina (but I won't hold my breath)

Kezza   

Pochettino can be on the next queue of sacked managers at Chelsea and that would make us have a illustrious list of sacked managers.

2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Pochettino can be on the next queue of sacked managers at Chelsea and that would make us have a illustrious list of sacked managers.

Poch is a classic example of improving a team bit by bit, so he looks a good manager but never actually winning anything as other teams get better, or as he has to play CL.
They did have a great league season in 16/17 when they came 2nd to us with 86 points (but dropped out of CL at group stage).
They haven't achieved anything else before or since.  But because he keeps introducing good young players he is seen as progressing.

We did that under Scolari, Hiddink, AVB, RDM, Benitez and JM II year 1.  No one praised the managers for that, but that is precisely what Poch gets praised for.

Then we went through a 3 year period with 2 PL titles.  Everyone thinks those managers were crap.  Precisely what Klopp and Poch have never done.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Why on Earth would he come here?

Holymoly   

I think if we're all pondering on the next manager we should be really looking at Football Manager 2019 to see who's doing well. I'm pretty sure that's Roman's approach. Maybe we should just appoint Sports Interactive and be done with it?

Sir   

I wish we could somehow of got Simeone.. amazed he’s stayed at Atleti for as long as he has. Genuinely think he would do really well here. I know that’s not an easy thing to predict, but with what he’s done at Atletico, and how similar ish they are to us (or were) I really think he’s the best manager out there. Yet, seemingly impossible to get. (Yes, signed another new contract I realise too)

Kezza   
41 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Why on Earth would he come here?

Getting sacked and get compensated millions is pretty easy money. And its guaranteed you'd get the sack in 1-2 years. Great return on investments.

1 hour ago, Kezza said:

Getting sacked and get compensated millions is pretty easy money. And its guaranteed you'd get the sack in 1-2 years. Great return on investments.

Yes, that's a very shrewd observation Kezza and bang on.

I'm always amazed by how much the media build up the fact that manager x is under pressure because he may well be sacked, particularly if he's a Chelsea manager. It's absolutely rubbish. Getting sacked is the best thing that can happen to a manager, actually whether at Chelsea or elsewhere.

Witness JM, who I'm sure, having seen the way it was all going,  engineered his own sacking and waddled off with a cool 19 mill.

Gravy train folks. Gravy train.