• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
15 hours ago, Rob B said:

The decision to sell Fabregas (or rather the lack of playing time leading to him wanting to leave) is looking more and more disastrous every game we play 

What about Sarri's plea to sign a midfielder to replace Fab which went ignored by the club? I don't care if Fab had been a loyal and likable character to the club but you don't sell a player if you aren't sure of getting any replacements in. That's sabotage and stupidity. 

Dingus   
6 minutes ago, Kezza said:

What about Sarri's plea to sign a midfielder to replace Fab which went ignored by the club? I don't care if Fab had been a loyal and likable character to the club but you don't sell a player if you aren't sure of getting any replacements in. That's sabotage and stupidity. 

But there was all the talk of replacing Cesc with someone else would stunt RLC and even a Mason Mount's (when/if he comes back) potential opportunities so...

Edited by Dingus

Vinod   
7 minutes ago, Kezza said:

That's what happen when you treat talent like assets on a balance sheet.

Edited by Vinod

1 hour ago, Vinod said:

I know I'm one for conspiracy but it wouldn't surprise me if Cesc was let go because he was a big voice in the dressing room and not a lover of Sarriball having see where an unshakeable faith in a philosophy gets you first hand at the Arsenal. 

Vinod   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I know I'm one for conspiracy but it wouldn't surprise me if Cesc was let go because he was a big voice in the dressing room and not a lover of Sarriball having see where an unshakeable faith in a philosophy gets you first hand at the Arsenal. 

Pretty sure it was the board's decision. They are not so invested in a manager that they will let go a top player in the winter. Else Costa would have been sold to the Chinese club in the winter. They wanted to see what Conte can do. Conte won the league. Costa was sold as another year would have been untenable.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Kezza said:

2 hours ago, Dingus said:

But there was all the talk of replacing Cesc with someone else would stunt RLC and even a Mason Mount's (when/if he comes back) potential opportunities so...

2 hours ago, Vinod said:

53 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

49 minutes ago, Vinod said:

Pretty sure it was the board's decision. They are not so invested in a manager that they will let go a top player in the winter. Else Costa would have been sold to the Chinese club in the winter. They wanted to see what Conte can do. Conte won the league. Costa was sold as another year would have been untenable.

All a bit immaterial - Fabregas wasn't playing anyway*

If he'd had stayed, and remained on the bench, what difference would it have made to anything?

* 176 PL minutes in 5 months 

57 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

32 by the end of the season and not going to be here for our next revival.  Just the kind of player the club are pleased to thank by letting them leave when they would like.
Good news for everyone except Henry who will see him perform for the previous manager.

All that creation of time through fast passing was perfect for Fabregas, he should have loved it.  Besides if he hated not playing under Sarri at 31, imagine what he thought about Conte at 29.  Everything about him suggest good squad member.

53 minutes ago, Vinod said:

We have too many players, some have to go.  Fabregas short term however things pan out.  It would be most odd not to let him go.

Costa was never going to China.  He made that very clear himself - AM or Chelsea only.  (Seriously the guy who hated England because he couldn't speak the language was never going to China.)

Rob B   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

All a bit immaterial - Fabregas wasn't playing anyway*

If he'd had stayed, and remained on the bench, what difference would it have made to anything?

* 176 PL minutes in 5 months 

Wasn’t playing because we were winning though 

Even Sarri couldn’t have overlooked him of late, could he?? 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Wasn’t playing because we were winning though 

Even Sarri couldn’t have overlooked him of late, could he?? 

Really?

Rob B   
4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Really?

Really.

Only midfielder we had who could unlock a defence.  More creative than our other 4 combined

I know our defending is shot, but can’t believe how little coverage our inability to create chances gets.