• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   
7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

All a bit immaterial - Fabregas wasn't playing anyway*

If he'd had stayed, and remained on the bench, what difference would it have made to anything?

* 176 PL minutes in 5 months 

It's not about Fab staying. It's about not having a replacement that is Sarri's type so he would be played more often. Not signing a replacement and letting Fab go even when the coach does not approve is sabotage.

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Kezza said:

It's not about Fab staying. It's about not having a replacement that is Sarri's type so he would be played more often. Not signing a replacement and letting Fab go even when the coach does not approve is sabotage.

Does a player who doesn't play need replacing? 

paulw66   
10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Really.

Only midfielder we had who could unlock a defence.  More creative than our other 4 combined

I know our defending is shot, but can’t believe how little coverage our inability to create chances gets. 

That doesn't mean Sarri would pick him, was my point. 

Not saying he should / should not have, just saying that there was little to suggest that Cesc would have played any significant minutes other than in the EL 

• Like 1

bert19   

Could be a bit quiet in here for a while then......   :-o

Sky reporting we've been banned from making signings through two transfer windows

synavm   
Just now, bert19 said:

Could be a bit quiet in here for a while then......   :-o

Sky reporting we've been banned from making signings through two transfer windows

Oh dear. 

Putting aside for the moment that I'm certain the club will appeal this decision , if you were the owner of a football club and you'd employed someone to sign up the best kids in Europe which resulted in a two window transfer  ban when half your team is almost out of contract and you never actually play these kids you've been nefariously signing then surely , heads must roll ?

• Like 1

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, synavm said:

Oh dear. 

Maybe great news for some of the kids........Reece James for one, is someone I would love to see get a chance, along with Tammy.

Does anyone know where we stand with Kovacic? He is with us, but not our player. Could he stay here?

paulw66   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Putting aside for the moment that I'm certain the club will appeal this decision , if you were the owner of a football club and you'd employed someone to sign up the best kids in Europe which resulted in a two window transfer  ban when half your team is almost out of contract and you never actually play these kids you've been nefariously signing then surely , heads must roll ?

yes, it is somewhat ironic. A bit like knicking a car you never drive.

Kezza   

Good job to the club for the lack of vision of what's about to transpire and still going with short term signings like Higuain then.

Here's the thing..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47329293