• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

Gross incompetence by this shambles of a board if proven.

I agree , we keep hearing that it doesn't matter that there's no "football" people on the board because they're all so good regarding the business end of things .

They're not looking quite so good now are they ?

chelboy   

The appeal will give us the summer I am guessing. This will force us to act fast and make decisions in the summer. Sarri will be gone by the summer or if not before. 

That leaves us needing a ST. Really upset we missed out Piatek who would have been a bargain but I guess we had to back the manager there.  I would bring back Bats and Tammy as 2nd and 3rd choice. Buying two strikers in an window could be very expensive so better to focus on just a 1st choice. 

LB is another place I would strengthen probably bringing in Chilwell. RB we have James coming in for Zappa. 

Pedro and Willian have to be let go this summer as we can not wait until 2021 to replace them. If Hazard leaves then that is 3 wingers we need replacing or maybe 2 as Pulisic is on his way. I think CHO will stay if Sarri leaves and we get a more suitable manager that rotates and uses youth. 

Also think we need another proper holding DM. Bakayoko is having a good season at Milan but I can not imagine he would want to return. We still need a midfield destroyer type to play when Kante is not there or with Kante. I don’t see a future for Jorginho without Sarri. 

As Cabby is getting older we will probably need a back up to Kepa. CB is a tricky position because I think we could need another top CB but I do not think it is the most important position to focus on compared to other positions. 

Assuming Sarri leaves:

Players leaving could be:

Kovacic Higuain Willian Pedro Hazard Giroud Cahill Drinkwater  Morata Zappa Cabby Luiz Jorginho. 

We could be looking like a very different team after this summer. I am looking forward to it. The problem is teams are going to raise the prices just for us knowing we only have that market to do business in. 

6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Club statement - appeal incoming

and then we have to buy like crazy in the summer to replace expected departures and to keep an incoming manager (or existing) happy.

I said back at the beginning of the year this was on the horizon and the club certainly knew. can't believe we are the only club doing this although deliberately breaking the rules on at least 29 times does seem quite excessive even for us.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, chelboy said:

The appeal will give us the summer I am guessing. This will force us to act fast and make decisions in the summer. Sarri will be gone by the summer or if not before. 

That leaves us needing a ST. Really upset we missed out Piatek who would have been a bargain but I guess we had to back the manager there.  I would bring back Bats and Tammy as 2nd and 3rd choice. Buying two strikers in an window could be very expensive so better to focus on just a 1st choice. 

LB is another place I would strengthen probably bringing in Chilwell. RB we have James coming in for Zappa. 

Pedro and Willian have to be let go this summer as we can not wait until 2021 to replace them. If Hazard leaves then that is 3 wingers we need replacing or maybe 2 as Pulisic is on his way. I think CHO will stay if Sarri leaves and we get a more suitable manager that rotates and uses youth. 

Also think we need another proper holding DM. Bakayoko is having a good season at Milan but I can not imagine he would want to return. We still need a midfield destroyer type to play when Kante is not there or with Kante. I don’t see a future for Jorginho without Sarri. 

As Cabby is getting older we will probably need a back up to Kepa. CB is a tricky position because I think we could need another top CB but I do not think it is the most important position to focus on compared to other positions. 

Assuming Sarri leaves:

Players leaving could be:

Kovacic Higuain Willian Pedro Hazard Giroud Cahill Drinkwater  Morata Zappa Cabby Luiz Jorginho. 

We could be looking like a very different team after this summer. I am looking forward to it. The problem is teams are going to raise the prices just for us knowing we only have that market to do business in. 

you're in fantasy land.

you think we will let 13 players leave in one window,  8 of which are currently regulars? That wouldn't happen even without a possible transfer embargo

1 hour ago, Dingus said:

It's all good boys and girls, we'll just call back the 29 players we have out on loan.

Or total meltdown by the board and the likes of Luiz and co are given a new contacts

Kezza   
51 minutes ago, Dingus said:

He's already been signed and loaned back to Dortmund so he's going to be part of this wonderful ride over the next couple of years.

Bet he's regretting coming to this shambles is a club now.

I think Kova will stay as part of the Hazard deal, Jorginho will stay. Morata is already gone. Cahill, Grioud and Luiz are out of contract and Zouma can come back, we have Ampadu, AC, Rudiger and him.  Drinkwater, Zappa will be sold. Willian wants a 3 year deal and won't sign a 1 year extension, so he'll be sold. Pedro will go as well. Hazard obviously.

There will be two summers worth of budget and we have a great academy, we'll be fine. It's a long-term rebuilding with less pressure due to a ban.

Holymoly   

Does the embargo include loans?

2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I said back at the beginning of the year this was on the horizon and the club certainly knew. can't believe we are the only club doing this although deliberately breaking the rules on at least 29 times does seem quite excessive even for us.

It does seem it is not just Chelsea who think differently to FIFA.  The FA have been fined and are appealing too.  Sounds like the FA interpret rules differently from FIFA.

I suspect that the appeal may well clear us and certainly reduce the ban to just one window (January 2020 which would be no major harm).