• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

kratos   
13 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

and then we have to buy like crazy in the summer to replace expected departures and to keep an incoming manager (or existing) happy.

I said back at the beginning of the year this was on the horizon and the club certainly knew. can't believe we are the only club doing this although deliberately breaking the rules on at least 29 times does seem quite excessive even for us.

Yup Marina is going to have record every episode of love island this summer and bulk watch it in September XD

Ham   
32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, most of the indiviudals who were involved in the signing(s) have already moved on

Gourlay was Chief Exec and Emenalo DoF (or whatever the exact title was)

Apologies.  I should clarify.

To leave us exactly where we are now in terms of squad with this decision by FIFA on the horizon. That is down to the current board and Emenalo.

We've suspected this was going to happen for some time. 

Look at the joined up thinking by Citeh in the past 5 years compared to us and I'm including their acquisition of clubs all over the world. 

They are set up for the next generation at least. Our board are short-term and amateurish, probable FFP breaches by them aside. 

Boils my blood. 

We have won trophies in recent years despite this board and not because of them.  

Holymoly   

Do you know what? If I was in charge I'd not appeal the ban then bring in Lampard/Morris/Terry with a view to developing youth talent into senior potential. I can't see Sarri being too upset with being shown the door as there would be zero opportunity for him to acquire any more Sarri-ball capable players. The media is already wetting itself with excitement at the thought of us dropping out of the top 6 so let's really give them something to talk about. Roman should be ok about it as financially there would be little additional outlay while he doesn't come and watch them anymore anyway. With any luck and a following wind the attractiveness of the club might even be enhanced if he had a mind to sell up.

You don't win anything with kids....now where did I hear that before?

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Look at the joined up thinking by Citeh in the past 5 years compared to us and I'm including their acquisition of clubs all over the world. 

It is easy to have joined up thinking when you can spend £50m+ for bench players.

Gaps only appear when the budget fails to cover all.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

Do you know what? If I was in charge I'd not appeal the ban then bring in Lampard/Morris/Terry with a view to developing youth talent into senior potential.

??????????  Seriously.  Not least how would the Academy staff who got promoted ahead of Morris feel about their one time junior coming in ahead of them with the guys they helped through their coaching badges coming in at the top?

BTW Derby are 7th now, 6th last season without Frank.  Villa are 10th down from 4th.

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

You don't win anything with kids....now where did I hear that before?

25 years ago.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is easy to have joined up thinking when you can spend £50m+ for bench players.

??????????  Seriously.  Not least how would the Academy staff who got promoted ahead of Morris feel about their one time junior coming in ahead of them with the guys they helped through their coaching badges coming in at the top?

BTW Derby are 7th now, 6th last season without Frank.  Villa are 10th down from 4th.

25 years ago.

You answered for me on all points. 

United won the league with 82 points in that infamous "kids" year. That will get you 3rd or 4th this season

Ham   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But we have also spent huge sums on individual players over the past few years with similar declared turnover and yet we still have an imbalance in our squad, a lack of philosophy and key players heading towards the exit. 

Their structure is light years ahead of ours currently.  Why is that? Who is to blame? 

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Does the embargo include loans?

While press, pundits and fans call it a 'transfer ban', the reality is that it is a ban on REGISTERING players. Bringing a player in on loan entails registering them, so yes, the embargo also includes loans.

47 minutes ago, Ham said:

Their structure is light years ahead of ours currently.  Why is that? Who is to blame? 

Who knows.  You can only judge structure on winning stuff - we win as much on less money.  

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Given the quality of the players we have been spending money on recently , maybe we should appeal for a longer ban ?

:-)