• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   

Good time this ban has come at when we need to sell the most players. Guess we will see more of Alonso and Giroud for the next year. Or make use of the 42 useless players on loan. Perhaps teach the club a lesson to not just sign and loan players like there's no proper plan. One of these signings have landed the club in big trouble, and ironically they have been useless signings.

Edited by Kezza

Leo91   

Ridiculous circumstances but at the same time I'm looking forward to see what actually happens if we can't buy anyone in the summer. It'll be very interesting. Sarri will have to go unless he shows he can adjust in these last remaining months.

I’m not sure this is that big of a deal. We’re appealing so that will at least leave the summer window for transfers, I’d also wager it will be reduced to one window at most. 

We’re also not the first to get potentially caught out like this and we won’t be the last. 

I’m much more concerned by what’s happening on the pitch currently to be honest. 

^ Agreed. With appeals to FIFA then possibly CAS, we'll still have a summer window. My bigger concern is if Sarri is still around to 'coach' his methods.

We knew this was coming, so nobody should be too surprised - least of all the club. Hopefully the appeal will push back the decision until after the summer so that we can make all the signings we need for the next couple of years... unless the club think they've done that in Pulisic and Higuain?!

Will be interesting to see how the club approach the window, if we are able to sign players this summer, who will they let leave and who will they offer contracts too?

Depends a lot on who the manager is, but I would guess that Luiz and Pedro will stay (Luiz with a new contract) and Willian will be sold to help fund some spending... Hazard, I think will stay too. Cahill, Zappacosta, Alonso and Drinkwater will all go too I would guess.

Incomings will be tricky, a striker definitely needed and another younger AM to replace Pedro when he leaves after next season, another CB needed and hopefully LB is left to Emerson and James. I expect Higuain will be kept for a second season to play back up/compete with the new striker with a view to Tammy having a loan at a decent PL club and then maybe coming back to us the following season. Mount may get a chance at CM as we let Kovacic go back to Madrid, but I think we'll still need reinforcements there as we desperately need some goals from midfield. RB will presumably need looking at as well if Zappa has gone and Azpilicueta seemingly on the decline.

Busy summer potentially - I work it out as 5 going + Kovacic and needing to bring in at least 5 new signings... can the club pull that off? I have my doubts.

We'll also need to work out what we do with Bakayoko, Zouma and Batshuayi... 

This is not too much of an issue. We will get the Summer than take a hit on a winter window as we will likely get it reduced. Nothing to see here really. 

Vinod   

The club has surely known this has been coming. I don't see any of the loanees getting a chance. What will change is contract extensions. Pretty sure Azpi and Alonsos contracts were extended with the ban in mind. 

I expect us to extend Hazards and CHOs contracts. The ban will give them bargaining power, but the club will blink. If we are able to appeal and get the summer window to do business; one of the two might be sold. Willian and Pedro's contracts will be run down. Our biggest challenges will be the midfield, striker and Centre back positions. If Emerson is not able to step up, then LB will be a major headache as well. Kovacic, as mediocre as he has been, will not be available next season.

For what it's worth, I'd like the manager to play 4-2-3-1, if we are unable to add to the squad. We will have 4 midfielders (Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Ampadu (?)) and 5 AMs/wingers (Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, CHO). 

49 minutes ago, Vinod said:

The club has surely known this has been coming. I don't see any of the loanees getting a chance. What will change is contract extensions. Pretty sure Azpi and Alonsos contracts were extended with the ban in mind. 

I expect us to extend Hazards and CHOs contracts. The ban will give them bargaining power, but the club will blink. If we are able to appeal and get the summer window to do business; one of the two might be sold. Willian and Pedro's contracts will be run down. Our biggest challenges will be the midfield, striker and Centre back positions. If Emerson is not able to step up, then LB will be a major headache as well. Kovacic, as mediocre as he has been, will not be available next season.

For what it's worth, I'd like the manager to play 4-2-3-1, if we are unable to add to the squad. We will have 4 midfielders (Kante, Jorginho, Barkley, Ampadu (?)) and 5 AMs/wingers (Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, CHO). 

With regard to Hazard, my personal belief is that if RM want him this summer he'll be off, if they don't he'll sign a new contract. He said last summer that he was happy come what may. As a kid he dreamt of playing for Real, so if he moves he'll be happy. He also said he loved Chelsea, the fans and London, and that with his family settled here, he would be equally happy if he stayed.

With regard to CHO, I would imagine we've offered him far more than he could expect at Bayern... so if BM really are interested in him and he believes he'll get more playing time there (which is what it is claimed he wants) then he too will be off... or he may just run his contract down.

In neither case do Chelsea need to 'blink first'. In many respects we're waiting to discover what other clubs want to do.

What most haven't recognised, or at the very least I've not seen acknowledged here is that FIFA can increase the ban under an appeal - Would you put it past them? 

I wouldn't.

Where's Mr Blatter when we need him the most (friend of Putin etc)?

Edited by East Lower