• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Leo91   

I don't truly understand it but don't we only have 3 days to appeal. We then have to take it to CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) who then have to agree to listen to our case if we're trying to delay it till after the summer. This loophole has been exploited in the past so it wouldn't surprise me if we're the first club FIFA stamp their authority on and say no you have to serve it now.

Edited by Leo91

52 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I don't truly understand it but don't we only have 3 days to appeal. We then have to take it to CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) who then have to agree to listen to our case if we're trying to delay it till after the summer. This loophole has been exploited in the past so it wouldn't surprise me if we're the first club FIFA stamp their authority on and say no you have to serve it now.

Yes, we have 3 days in which to lodge the appeal with FIFA (which we have done)
If FIFA turn down our appeal, they could increase the fine and or the length of the ban on registering players
We can then appeal to CAS who can either fully uphold or partially uphold FIFA's fine and ban, or find in our favour

I would be surprised if both the FIFA appeal and the CAS hearing were both heard before the summer transfer window.
If FIFA extend the ban, they would need to show to the CAS that the extension was justified based on the evidence of the rule breaking... extending the ban purely to put off other clubs from appealing and as a form of punishment for our appeal wouldn't be something they could justify.

Sea foot   

Another cock-eyed way of looking at it would be that the club are aware that we would lose an appeal and get a further ban. Better that and spend BIG this summer on quality players rather than not being able to refresh the squad for the next two windows. Just a thought.

xCELERYx   

There's also a new loan restriction coming into play next season, yeah? I think the number talked about was 6-8 players a club can loan out at once.

This will mean we'll also not be able to send out a bunch of our leftovers on further loans like we're doing now. Meaning we'll need to cull the loan group massively with permanent sales, keep a handful that show promise and the standouts possibly remaining to be part of the squad for the immediate time being.

The reality is that Chelsea will have known for some time this was coming. They will appeal (they said so), and the appeals process will give us this summer to buy players - so we make sure we get what we need this summer, and finally, integrate the talented youth we have. Chelsea have arguably the best academy in world football - it's time we used it. Does it mean we won't win the title for two years? Maybe. But maybe this ban will be the kick up the arse the club need to start building a proper structure at first team level. And we get a manager who will blood youth and be able to build a new, young team - so not a supercoach like Allegri, or flavour of the month like Sarri, but a coach tailored to the project we now have. This ban could be a blessing in disguise. 

4 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

The reality is that Chelsea will have known for some time this was coming. They will appeal (they said so), and the appeals process will give us this summer to buy players - so we make sure we get what we need this summer, and finally, integrate the talented youth we have. Chelsea have arguably the best academy in world football - it's time we used it. Does it mean we won't win the title for two years? Maybe. But maybe this ban will be the kick up the arse the club need to start building a proper structure at first team level. And we get a manager who will blood youth and be able to build a new, young team - so not a supercoach like Allegri, or flavour of the month like Sarri, but a coach tailored to the project we now have. This ban could be a blessing in disguise. 

I like your positivity here and what you're saying makes a lot of sense, however I just don't believe we have the set up or footballing knowledge inside the club to make this happen.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I like your positivity here and what you're saying makes a lot of sense, however I just don't believe we have the set up or footballing knowledge inside the club to make this happen.

Well I've heard the board are furious with Sarri for not playing CHO and Ampadu more, and didn't buy a CM in Jan as they didn't want to block the path of Mason Mount. There's definitely a shift in emphasis. Matt Law alluded to the fact there are some on the board frustrated the academy players aren't being used as much and see this as an opportunity. 

19 minutes ago, James Prescott said:

Well I've heard the board are furious with Sarri for not playing CHO and Ampadu more, and didn't buy a CM in Jan as they didn't want to block the path of Mason Mount. There's definitely a shift in emphasis. Matt Law alluded to the fact there are some on the board frustrated the academy players aren't being used as much and see this as an opportunity. 

Really? Where did you hear/read this? I've not seen anything about that.. I hope it's true, but fear it may just be 'gossip'

Holymoly   
12 hours ago, Sea foot said:

Another cock-eyed way of looking at it would be that the club are aware that we would lose an appeal and get a further ban. Better that and spend BIG this summer on quality players rather than not being able to refresh the squad for the next two windows. Just a thought.

And just what "quality" players are we talking about here? "Quality" players under contract will cost a fortune whereas those not under contract will be so for a reason. We've not really a sparkling track record on signing "quality" at a sensible price. Kante is the last one that springs to mind. Usually we just piss good money down the drain on rubbish.